Toasted Coconut Butter Cups
- 7 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- Honey, to taste (optional)
- Almond butter, chopped nuts, chopped dried fruit for filling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread the coconut flakes onto two rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring and flipping the coconut flakes every few minutes so they do not burn (keep an eye on them).
- Allow to cool slightly and pour the toasted coconut flakes into the bowl of a food processor or high speed blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Add honey, to taste and process to combine.
- Line a mini muffin pan with 24 liners or use a candy mold.
- Pour 1 tsp of toasted coconut butter into the mini muffin cups, (optional) add about 3/4 tsp of filling (almond butter, chopped nuts, or dried fruit) and top with an additional 1 tsp of toasted coconut butter.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to harden for about 1-2 hours before serving.