This amazing recipe was submitted by Coconut Mama reader and paleo food blogger, Karen of Holistically Engineered. Thank you for sharing your lovely recipe, Karen!
Coconut butter is one of my favorite things and I love to eat it by the spoonful. Ever since I made Coconut Chips, I have been obsessed with toasted coconut.
These Toasted Coconut Butter Cups are a great way to combine my love of coconut butter and toasted coconut. It is really easy to make your own Toasted Coconut Butter. All you have to do is toast the coconut flakes and throw them in a food processor or high speed blender. In a matter of minutes the toasted coconut flakes turn into a delicious gooey coconut butter. You’ll end up with about 2 cups of coconut butter and it makes about 24 Toasted Coconut Butter Cups.
You can fill these cups with your favorite filling. Some suggestions are almond butter, chopped nuts, chopped dried fruit, or even some melted dark chocolate. The great thing about these candies is that because coconut is naturally sweet you don’t even have to add any extra sweetener.Print
Toasted Coconut Butter Cups
- 7 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- Honey, to taste (optional)
- Almond butter, chopped nuts, chopped dried fruit for filling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread the coconut flakes onto two rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring and flipping the coconut flakes every few minutes so they do not burn (keep an eye on them).
- Allow to cool slightly and pour the toasted coconut flakes into the bowl of a food processor or high speed blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Add honey, to taste and process to combine.
- Line a mini muffin pan with 24 liners or use a candy mold.
- Pour 1 tsp of toasted coconut butter into the mini muffin cups, (optional) add about 3/4 tsp of filling (almond butter, chopped nuts, or dried fruit) and top with an additional 1 tsp of toasted coconut butter.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to harden for about 1-2 hours before serving.