Can you believe that jello is a health food?
It really is! Especially when it’s made with grass fed gelatin and fresh squeezed juice. As I mentioned the other day, gelatin is a very nourishing food. It helps to repair the gut, promotes healing and growth in the body, is anti-inflammatory and is pro thyroid. Gelatin is also known to promote weight loss and reduce sagging skin and cellulite!
Jello is also a really great way to get kids to eat gelatin! I’ve made jello with several different combinations of fruit juices and coconut water. There hasn’t been a batch my family didn’t like!
How To Make Healthy Homemade Jello
- 4 cups fresh squeezed fruit juice or coconut water
- 3 tablespoons grass fed gelatin (add 1 more tbs if you like your jello really firm)
- 3 tablespoons honey (optional)
1. Pour juice in a medium size saucepan.
2. Sprinkle gelatin powder over juice and stir.
3. Turn the heat on medium-low and bring the juice to a simmer.
4. Mix until gelatin is dissolved.
5. Turn off heat and add honey if using.
6. Pour into a 8×8 square baking dish.
7. Refrigerate until jello is set, about 2 hours.