This dairy-free cherry amaretto ice cream is made with coconut milk and is sweetened with raw honey!
Several years ago I followed a diet called The PH Miracle Diet for Weight Loss. It was a very restrictive diet that was difficult to follow. The diet is dairy-free, sugar-free, mostly vegan with a huge focus on green foods. I was able to follow the diet for 7 months and lost 58 pounds (even though I cheated every single day and ate my coconut milk ice cream)! I was new to real food and I didn’t know about the metabolism-boosting effects of Coconut oil at the time. The Cherry Amaretto Ice Cream from Coconut Bliss was my daily comfort and the only way I was able to follow such a restrictive diet.
Even though I currently eat dairy (I love my raw dairy) I still enjoy eating coconut milk ice cream. I was able to create my own Cherry Amaretto Ice Cream sweetened with raw honey (I’m not a fan of agave) with BPA-free/additive-free coconut milk. This ice cream is heavenly!
Cherry Amaretto Ice Cream (Dairy Free)
- Yield: 1 quart 1x
- Ice Cream Maker
- 1 Cup of Blended Cherries (I used my blender to puree the cherries)
- 2 –13.5 Ounce Cans of Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 3/4 – 1 Cup Raw Honey
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Cup of Chopped Up Cherries
- Blend cherry puree, coconut milk, almond extract, raw honey and sea salt together.
- Blend until ingredients are combined.
- Mix 1 cup of chopped cherries into the ice cream mixture and pour into ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to ice cream maker’s manufacturer’s instructions.