These homemade junior mints are delicious and you only need 4 ingredients to make them!
I love junior mints!
I was craving these delicious candies this week so I decided to recreate them with healthier ingredients. The mint filling is made with just coconut oil, raw honey and peppermint extract. I used soy free chocolate chips to coat the mints.
These are pretty easy to make and they taste soooo good! Enjoy!Print
Homemade Junior Mints
- Yield: 1.5 cups 1x
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Raw Honey
- 3/4 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract or 1 drop of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 3/4 – 1 Cup Homemade Chocolate Chips or Soy Free Chocolate Chips
- Whip coconut oil, raw honey and peppermint extract together with a hand mixer. If the coconut oil is liquid you will want to refrigerate it until it is solid, but not rock hard. The whipped filling should look like the image above.
- Place filling in refrigerator for 5 minutes. Use a small cookie dough scoop or 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon and scoop out small junior mint size pieces of mint filling. Place each piece on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Return the mints to freezer until you are ready to coat them with chocolate.
- In a small saucepan over low heat gently melt the chocolate chips. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Take mints out of freezer.
- Use a spoon to coat each mint with melted chocolate.
- Place chocolate covered mints back on the parchment paper and return to the freezer.
- Keep mints in freezer until the chocolate coating is hard.
- Serve mints immediately or store in refrigerator.