I use essential oils daily in my home. I diffuse essential oils throughout the day and us them topically from head to toe! I love to share my passion for these oils and over the next several months I’ll giving away some of my favorite single oils and blends to my readers.
Today we’re going to talk about Frankincense Essential Oil!
About Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense is mentioned in one of the oldest known medical books, dating back to the 16th century. It was one of the most prized oils in Biblical times and still is today. For every pound of Frankincense essential oil that is distilled in the world, twelve pounds are sold. That means there’s a lot of “fake frank” on store shelves. Frankincense essential oil comes from our partner farm in Somalia. The resin is harvested on the sunrise side in February and the sunset side in August. The resin is then distilled at our distillery in Dubai. Frankincense essential oil supports healthy skin and improves the appearance of moles, skin tags, wrinkles, age spots and areas of hyper-pigmentation. Frankincense essential oil increases spirituality and inner strength. It also balances moods and emotions.
Here are some of my favorite uses for Frankincense Essential Oil:
8 Ways To Use Frankincense Essential Oil
- Homemade Frankincense Anti-Aging Cream – When used topically with a carrier oil, frankincense is know to help reduce and prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
- Tiger Marks – Frankincense may also help fade the appearance of “tiger marks”, making it a great essential oil to add to your belly balm! Add 5 drops of Frankincense to this homemade coconut oil body butter for daily use.
- Brittle Nails – Apply 1 drop on nails to help strengthen fingernails.
- Sun Damaged Skin – Sooth your skin and promote healthy skin with Frankincense.
- Rub It On Your Feet – Rub diluted Frankincense oil on the bottom of your feet to help promote restful sleep and alleviate nervous energy.
Frankincense and Myrrh have been used for centuries to promote both beauty and wellness. This anti-aging face cream uses these oils to promote beautiful healthy skin! Here’s my favorite recipes:
Frankincense Beauty Face Cream
Makes approximately 1/2 cup of Frankincense cream. This recipe is best for normal to dry skin. If you have oily or acne prone skin, use the second recipe on this post.
- 1/2 Cup Whipped coconut oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 5 Drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 3 Drops Myrrh Essential Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Melted beeswax (Optional)*
*Beeswax is NOT needed for this recipe. We add it only in the hot summer months when coconut oil melts. You may add it if you’d like to keep your frankincense and myrrh beauty face cream whipped and solid.
- Whip your coconut oil with a hand mixer for 1-3 minutes or until the coconut oil is light and fluffy. If your coconut oil is melted you’ll need to refrigerate it before making this recipe.
- Mix the vitamin e oil and essential oils into the whipped coconut oil.
- Add melted beeswax to the oils if using and continue to whip with a hand mixer until it’s mixed thoroughly.
How To Use: Apply a small dab to your face every night before bed and as needed throughout the day.
Frankincense Beauty Face Oil
This recipe makes approximately 2 ounces of frankincense and myrrh beauty oil. This recipe is best for those with acne prone skin or who prefer not to use coconut oil on the face.
- 1 Ounce argan oil
- 1/2 Ounce hemp seed oil
- 1 Teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 3 Drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 1 Drops Myrrh Essential Oil
- Pour the oils into a 2 ounce dropper bottle and gently shake to mix the oils together.
How To Use: Gently shake the bottle before using. Use the dropper to apply the oil to your (clean) hands. Rub the beauty face oil over your face. Only a few drops are needed to sufficiently moisturize your face. You may also use this moisturizer to oily cleanse your face!
How Do I Get My Hands On This Awesome Oil?
Frankincense is one of the 10 Everyday Essential Oils that comes with the premium starter kit! The premium starter kit comes with the top used essential ois from Young Living. The kit includes:
- 10 – 5 mL bottles of essential oils including: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, R.C., Thieves, Purification, DiGize, and Copiaba. Plus a bonus bottle of the popular Stress Away blend.
- A home diffuser (retail value alone on this one is $96)
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves
- Two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (this is a great supplement for energy)
Click here to learn how to order the premium starter kit at almost a 50% discount!
Bonus: Anyone who orders a Premium Starter Kit through me will also receive a welcome package from me including an essential oils reference book a diffuser necklace and a the dvd, Ancient Secrets of Essential Oils! Learn more here: https://thecoconutmama.com/essential-oils