Coconut Lime Body Scrub

Make this simple coconut lime body scrub with just a few ingredients! This body scrub exfoliates and moisturizes your skin, leaving it super soft!

Coconut Lime Body Scrub

Coconut…Lime….two of my favorite aromas come together to make the ultimate coconut lime body scrub!

ad_spacer ad_spacer

I’ve been making a bunch of delicious sugar scrubs and body butters with my essential oils over the last few weeks. When I received my bottle of Lime Essential Oil I knew I had to make coconut lime body scrub. Lime and coconut have always been my favorite scents. I’m so happy to have a homemade non-toxic version of my favorite scrub!

I kept it simple and used high quality virgin coconut oil (find my favorite brands here) with organic sugar and lime essential oil. That’s it!

Coconut Lime Body Scrub

1. Melt coconut oil over low heat until it’s completely liquid.
  2. Mix the melted coconut oil with sugar.
  3. Add 20 drops of lime essential oil and stir.
  4. Store scrub in an air tight container at room temperature.

How To Use

Use scrub to exfoliate your skin in the bath or shower. Rinse well.

Be cautious as the coconut oil may leave your tub slick!

ad_spacer ad_spacer

Click Here To Pin This on Pinterest!

Coconut Lime Body Scrub

ad_spacer ad_spacer

• Christeena Dinehart May 28, 2014, 10:00 am

The trouble I have with oil based sugar/salt scrubs is that it just cannot be a good thing for the plumbing!!! Can anyone contradict me on this or is it a valid concern?????

• Corey Anne May 28, 2014, 10:02 pm

That’s something I never thought of!! I googled and found this. Hope it helps!!

• Tina May 31, 2014, 11:02 am

If you take a scoop of baking soda in the shower/bath tub with you, and wash the tub out when you’re done, then rinse the tub out with HOT water, it won’t harden in the pipes and you won’t break your neck trying to get out. If you want to make sure the pipes are cleaned out, you can dump 1/4-1/2 Cup of baking soda, then pour a cup of white vinegar in over that and let it sit about 15 minutes. Then rinse with hot tap water for about 60 seconds or so.

• gail June 26, 2014, 4:24 am

Can this scrub be used as a face scrub

• The Coconut Mama June 30, 2014, 12:52 pm

I think salt and sugar are too abrasive for the face. I wouldn’t use it but you can try if you like.

• April May 28, 2014, 6:56 pm

The coconut lol can leave my ‘tube’ slick, huh? Lol ;)

• fiction private investigator books May 30, 2014, 5:02 pm

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for excellent info I was looking for this infdo for my
    mission.

• immediate locksmith encinitas June 4, 2014, 10:31 am

Here is why: emergency 24 hour locksmith encinitas with homes and autos.

Services accessible to households by a locksmith would possibly be
    needed, people today really feel completely insecure and feel very negative.
    And if you are the only company which gives you a statement that diverges from
    the cited price over the telephone before saying yes to something.
    Finding an honest Los Angeles locksmith has his or her emergency
    locksmith solutions obtainable 24 hrs a day.

• Tristar san diego theft lawyer June 7, 2014, 11:24 am

Simply because this article is generally imagined for guys, I’d personally advise
    to women to go and speak to my partner. The odds are,
    you beat a woman, the killer is her spouse or partner, domestic violence victims were
    doing alright for themselves before they met their abuser.
    I think she did something tristar best dui attorney san diego
    to provoke the abuse. It’s more likely to drink
    heavily than other women.

• 1acme June 28, 2014, 11:20 am

I have Psoriasis so I use Scrub quite often, however I learned that using Salt have more texture then using Sugar and I also add about 2tbs of Apple Cidar Vinegar. The acid remove more death cells and skin looks more “shiny” … I use Coconut Oil, Pink Himalayan Salt (corse), 2tbs Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs) and few drops of Lime/Orange oils.

• Angie September 5, 2014, 8:29 am

Hi, I’m new to all of this and have a question. I heard that coconut oil is good for you and, instead of reading more on it, I just purchased some on my next trip to the store. Before using it, I read that you should be sure to get the “good stuff” i.e. not refined and whatnot. Of course mine was. I had grabbed that Louanna stuff at Walmart. I won’t eat it, but I was wondering if it’d be OK for external uses? Maybe like this one? Can someone educate me please?