These delicious dairy-free chocolate hazelnut cups are the perfect vegan indulgence! They’re made with coconut, hazelnut cocoa spread, and cashews, which give them a smooth cheesecake-like flavor!
I’ve been wanting to experiment with more vegan desserts and to start off the recipe testing I went with a cashew-based “cheesecake” made with hazelnut cocoa spread. Sounds amazing, right?!
I’ll be honest, I have stayed clear of any fake cheesecake recipe because I love real cheesecake and couldn’t image cashew butter tasting anything like it.
As I made the batter for these chocolate hazelnut cups I totally fell in love with the creamy cashew filling. I can imagine so many ways to create lovely dairy-recipes with it! But doesn’t replace cheesecake? No! It doesn’t, but it comes close and has earned its own place in my dessert section.
Chocolate Hazelnut Cups Recipe
You will need coconut flakes, cocoa powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut flour, cashews, coconut cream, vanilla, and hazelnut cocoa spread.
For the crust, I used a raw chocolate fudge crust recipe that I’ve been making for over 10 years. This crust is so delicious and fudgy!
For the filling, I used of soaked cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, and hazelnut cocoa spread. You can use your favorite chocolate hazelnut spread, but I really like Artisana’s because it’s made with simple whole-food ingredients and is sweetened with coconut sugar.
Lastly, I topped the chocolate hazelnut cups with a drizzle of a homemade magic hard shell.
Links in the post are Amazon affiliate links to products I use and love.Print
Chocolate Hazelnut Cups
These delicious dairy-free chocolate hazelnut cups are the perfect vegan indulgence! They’re made with coconut, hazelnut cocoa spread, and cashews, which give them a smooth cheesecake-like flavor
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 cups 1x
- 2 cups coconut flakes affiliate link
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder affilate link
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut flour affiliate link
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut cream*
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hazelnut cocoa spread affiliate link
- Pour all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mix is creamy. There will still be some coconut flakes, but everything else will look smooth and fudgy.
- Line your muffin pan with paper liners and press 2-3 tablespoons of the crust into each cup. There will be leftover crust. You can freeze it and save it for the next time you make these. Set aside and make the filling.
- The cashews need to be soaked prior to making this dessert. You can soak them overnight in water, or do a quick soak. For a quick soak, pour 2 cups of hot water over the cashews and let them soak for 10 minutes. Strain the cashews.
- Pour all the ingredients into the food processor and blend until the filling is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Fill each of the cups with the filling and place in the freezer to set for 2-3 hours.
- Decorate with a drizzle of chocolate and serve.
- Coconut cream can be purchased in small cans (like this) or you can scoop it off the top of full-fat coconut milk. Refrigerate the canned coconut milk overnight and the coconut cream will solidify at the top of the can.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 12.8
- Carbohydrates: 23.6g
- Protein: 5.3g