Looking for a healthy alternative to the magic hardshell to put on your ice cream?
Look no further!
I’ve been making magic hardshell with a mix of chocolate chips and coconut oil for a few years but I wanted to be able to make it without using chocolate chips. After testing this recipe over the last month I’ve come up with a combination of wholesome ingredients that work great! You can also use this magic shell recipe to make chocolate-covered ice cream pops, chocolate covered fruit pops and chocolate covered bananas!Print
How to Make Magic Hard Shell Topping for Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Gently heat the coconut oil, cocoa powder and honey together in a small saucepan over low. Stir until ingredients are melted.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix.
- Pour warm magic shell sauce over ice cream or dessert of choice. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Reheat over low to reuse.