This coconut bark is a delicious treat made with coconut butter, coconut oil, honey (or stevia), and topped with nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate.
Coconut bark is a great treat to make all year long and can be easily customized to suit any diet. I used coconut butter for the base of this recipe. If you’re not familiar with coconut butter this is a great recipe to start with!
Coconut butter goes by many names like creamed coconut, coconut manna, coconut cream concentrate, and coconut spread. Shop for it at health food stores and online. If you have access to a high power food processor or vitamix blender, you can make homemade coconut butter out of dried coconut flakes.
Related: 25 Ways To Use Coconut Butter
To make coconut bark you’ll need coconut butter (this is my coconut butter recipe), coconut oil, honey or sweetener of choice (learn about keto sweeteners here), and your favorite toppings. I like to use nuts, dried fruit, and stevia-sweetened chocolate chips!
Coconut butter is usually hard when stored at room temperature so you’ll need to warm it up in a saucepan or the microwave for a few minutes. Then you’ll mix in a few tablespoons of coconut oil, sweetener, and a dash of sea salt. You can flavor the base with citrus peel, peppermint extract, or vanilla beans to add more flavor and depth!
Spread the coconut bark batter on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Now add your favorite toppings. I like to mix it up and add different nuts, dried and fresh fruits, and sometimes chocolate or candied orange peels. You can make a peppermint bark candy by adding peppermint extract to the base and topping it with dark chocolate.
Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until hardened. Cut the bark up into pieces and serve.
This recipe is very easy to make and comes together in under 15 minutes.
- Can I make this with a keto sweetener instead of raw honey? Yes, powdered swerve is a good sugar-free alternative for raw honey in this recipe.
- What are the best toppings for coconut bark? I like to use fresh fruit and chocolate but the options are limitless! Add your favorite toppings like nuts, candy or dried fruit.
- What is coconut bark? Coconut bark is a homemade vegan candy made with coconut butter, raw honey, and your favorite toppings.
Coconut Bark Candy
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/2 Cups 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons raw honey or sweetener of choice (powdered swerve is good for sugar-free alternative)
- (optional) 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, peppermint extract or citrus extract, or vanilla beans
- Toppings: 1/2 cup of nuts, dried or fresh fruit, or chocolate chips
- Warm the coconut butter up in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the coconut oil and remove from heat.
- Mix in the honey and extracts if using.
- Spread the coconut mixture over a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Top with your favorite toppings. Press the toppings into the bark so they don’t fall off when eating.
- Refrigerate the coconut bark for 30 minutes or until it’s hardened.
- Break the bark into pieces and store in an air-tight container.