Coconut butter is one of the most unique foods I’ve used in my kitchen. It’s not an oil (some think it’s the same as coconut oil, which it isn’t) and it’s a little more grittier than a nut butter. It is a delicious creamy blend of coconut meat that can be used in heaps of recipes.
Over the years I’ve received several emails from readers asking me how I use up my coconut butter in my kitchen. We use it as a replacement for nut butter for toast or sandwiches and I like to use it to create delicious treats for my family.
How To Make
Coconut Butter is made from raw dried shredded coconut. When you puree the shredded coconut the coconut oil and coconut meat mix together and turn into a butter spread. You must use shredded coconut that has not been defatted. Pure dried shredded coconut will make perfect coconut butter. If you’re a visual person you can You can find my video tutorial here.
- 2 Cups Organic Shredded Coconut
Directions: Process shredded coconut in food processor or vita-mix for 15-20 minutes.
If you’d rather purchase coconut butter you can find it online or at your local health food store. You’ll find it under other names like coconut spread, coconut manna and coconut cream concentrate. This is the brand I use.
How To Use
As I mentioned above, many people like to use coconut butter as a spread for toast or on sandwiches. I personally like to eat coconut butter off the spoon. When my daughter first started eating solids I would carry a jar of coconut butter with me to give her as a snack when we were out. Naomi loved coconut butter as a baby. I wasn’t sure if coconut butter was a good food to give her at the time, but I later found out that Dr. Thomas Cowan recommended it for babies (note: the original article is no longer available on his website. I have linked the article via waybackmachine for those who are interested in reading it. .
Another food worth mentioning is coconut butter, which should be started in the first month that the child is eating food. Coconut oil is nature’s richest source of Lauric acid, one of the predominant fats in human breast milk. This valuable fat helps protect the child against fungal and viral infections, thereby giving them a chance to build up their natural immunities.
25 Ways To Use Coconut Butter
Below is a collection of 25 amazing recipes that call for creamed coconut. I’ve tested several of these recipes and have thoroughly enjoyed them!
- Coconut Buttons by The Coconut Mama
- Coconut Cake by The Coconut Mama
- Coconut Energy Bites by Body Unburden
- Raw Chocolate-Raspberry Mini Fudge Cake by Chocolate Covered Kate
- Coconut Chocolate Fudge by The Coconut Mama
- Pumpkin Fudge by The Coconut Mama
- Coconut Cream Truffles by Delicious Obsession
- Pumpkin Spice Bread by Delicious Obsessions
- Lemon Coconut Blueberry Macadamia Nut Muffins by Delicious Obsessions
- Chocolate Coconut Butter by The Coconut Mama
- Strawberry Coconut Spread by Chef Amber Shea
- White Chocolate Coconut-Macadamia Nut Butter by Chef Amber Shea
- Coconut Candy: Peanut/Almond Butter Chocolate Coconut Crisps by Traditional Foods
- Coconut Blueberry Pudding by Real Food Forager
- Coconut Covered Raisins: A Dairy Free “Yogurt” Covered Raisin by The Coconut Mama
- Chocolate Coconut Bars by The Coconut Mama
- Healthy and Easy Strawberry Mousse by Empowered Sustenance
- Coconut Lemon Fudge by Our Nourishing Roots
- Chocolate Coconut Bites by Whole Natural Life
- Coconut Pineapple Candy by Traditional Foods
- Cranberry-Orange Coconut Candy by The Coconut Mama
- Piña Colada Sorbet by Empowered Sustenance
- Coconut Peanut Butter by Coconut Mama
- Chocolate Coconut Banana Slit Bites by Real Food Outlaws
- Flourless Chocolate Coconut Cookies by Whole Natural Life
Want more coconut butter recipes?
Follow my Coconut Butter Recipes Board on Pinterest!
Wicked Good Ketogenic Cookbook
This book is jam packed with 156 delicious fat-shredding recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!This book includes:
- A step-by-step Introduction to the Keto Diet
- Tips on controlling your food costs while you “upgrade” to the ketogenic diet.
- Over 156 recipes including easy breakfasts and snacks
- A simple 4-week meal plan! It can be hard to adopt a new way of eating, but this simple 4-week meal plan makes it easy to shop and plan your meals. With this plan, you’ll be eating and loving the Keto Diet in no time!