These coconut covered strawberries are made with fresh organic strawberries and delicious coconut butter coating. And they’re DELICIOUS.
Ingredients for coconut covered strawberries
This recipe can be VERY quick and straightforward if you use lots of store-bought ingredients. (Just make sure you get good quality stuff – organic, single origin and no chemicals or preservatives – I’ve linked to my favorite brands below.) For a greater time investment (but to save some money and ensure the highest quality), you can also make most of the ingredients yourself.
- Organic strawberries. Of course.
- Coconut butter. You’ll need about 2/3 of a cup. The quality of the coconut butter matters here – you can make your own coconut butter to guarantee highest quality, or if you’re looking to save time, buy from my list of recommended coconut butter brands.
- Coconut oil. You can easily make coconut oil from coconut milk (although the inverse isn’t true – you cannot make coconut milk from coconut oil), or if you prefer to buy, make sure you get the best coconut oil.
- Raw honey. (I mean, you can use regular honey if you’d prefer.) This is good for that hint of sweetness.
- Vanilla extract. Again, you can make your own vanilla extract, or you can buy good-quality from the store. (Here’s my favorite.)
- Shredded coconut. Shredded coconut is another easy DIY coconut recipe, or you can buy from the best shredded coconut brands.
How to make coconut covered strawberries (recipe)
This is a simple and easy recipe – very straightforward and forgiving, and it doesn’t require a ton of dishes either!
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, wash the strawberries and then pat them dry. Make sure you get them totally dry!
Then use low heat to warm the coconut butter and coconut oil in a small saucepan – just until the butter melts. Add your honey, vanilla extract, and salt, and remove from the heat. You have your sauce.
Dip the strawberries in the sauce and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Then sprinkle them with shredded coconut, put them in the refrigerator until the butter hardens, and voila!
(Plus, they’ll keep for about a week if you store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container.)
Easy, straightforward, decadent.
These coconut covered strawberries are a delicious dessert on a hot summer night! Please use organic strawberries to limit exposure to harsh pesticidesPrint
Coconut Covered Strawberries
These coconut covered strawberries are made with fresh organic strawberries and delicious coconut butter coating!
- 20 Organic Strawberries
- 2/3 cup Coconut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Real Salt
- Shredded Coconut
- Wash and dry strawberries. Make sure the strawberries are completely dried before dipping into coconut mixture.
- Melt coconut butter and coconut oil over low heat in a small saucepan.
- Once the coconut butter is melted, add raw honey, vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Dip strawberries in the coconut butter sauce and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle strawberries with shredded coconut.
- Place in refrigerator until the coconut butter hardens, about 1-2 hours.
- Store in a air tight container in the refrigerator. Keeps for a week.
Leave a Comment