My chocolate coconut butter bars are made with simple, whole food ingredients and organic chocolate chips. Make them next time you’re craving something sweet. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Want a healthy treat that isn’t full of junk? I got one for you! Meet my newest creation, The Chocolate Coconut Butter Bar. These little bars are made with coconut butter, raw honey, vanilla bean and soy free chocolate chips. That’s it! They’re so easy to make, it’s dangerous! You may need to keep these ingredients out of your home just so you’re not tempted to make them daily. You are warned.
Before we get to the recipe I want to let you know I used store-bought coconut butter. I do make my own coconut butter on occasions, but sometimes the store-bought is just better to use (It’s not as gritty). That said, I’m sure homemade coconut butter will work just fine in this recipe. I also used Lily’s chocolate chips, which are sweetened with stevia. You can use normal chocolate chips or even my homemade chocolate chips in this recipe with success too! Now to the recipes…
Step 1: Melt coconut butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Add vanilla and sweeten to taste with stevia, honey or maple syrup. I added about 3 tablespoons of honey to this batch. Pour the coconut mixture evenly into each square.
Step 2: Freeze the bottom layer of the bars for 15-20 minutes or until the coconut cream is completely frozen.
Step 3: Next you’ll need to melt the chocolate chips….
Step 4: and then top the cold coconut bars with a layer of chocolate.
Step 5: Return the tray back to the freezer for 5-10 minutes or until the chocolate is set. Then pop them out of the molds and eat them up!
Chocolate Coconut Butter Bars
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 8-10 Squares 1x
- Melt coconut butter, vanilla bean powder and sweetener (I used 3 tbs of raw honey) together in a saucepan over low heat.
- Pour the melted coconut butter into the square molds, making sure to only fill them 3/4 full.
- Freeze the coconut bars for 10 minutes or until the coconut butter is solid.
- Next, melt the chocolate chips and carefully pour the chocolate over the cold coconut butter squares.
- Place the tray back in the freezer to set, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Pop the chocolate coconut butter bars out of the mold.
- Serve immediately.
- Store extra bars in a container in the freezer.