Enjoy an Almond Joy without all the sugar! This coconut almond candy recipe is made with all-natural ingredients and is much more nutritious than any candy bar you’ll find in the store.
Almond Joy’s are one of my favorite candies from childhood. Since giving up processed food my taste buds have changed quite a bit though and I no longer enjoy the over sugar taste of them.
This recipe is made with natural ingredients and isn’t too sweet at all! Sprouted almonds and sprouted almond butter were used because I try to feed my children healthy sprouted foods that are easy to digest. If you only have regular almonds on hand, you can use them instead. Learn more about why I use sprouted nuts here.Print
Coconut Almond Candy Cups (Homemade Almond Joy)
- Yield: 18 1x
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sprouted Almond Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Natural Sweetener (I used Raw Honey)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips – Homemade or Buy Soy Free
- 18 Sprouted Almonds
- Mix coconut butter, sprouted almond butter, honey and vanilla extract together in a food processor. Mix until very smooth.
- Evenly pour the almond butter mixture into 18 mini cup molds. Fill each up approximately 3/4 full.
- Place the molds in the refrigerator or freezer to set, about 1 hour.
- Once the coconut almond cups are solid you can melt the chocolate for the topping.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Melt over low heat.
- Evenly pour chocolate over the coconut and almond cups.
- Place a whole sprouted almond on top of each cup.
- Refrigerate cups for 1-2 hours or until completely set.