Beet Kvass is a natural fermented beverage that is full of nutrients. It’s known for tis cleansing and healing qualities and also aids in digestion.
A few years ago I gave my mother the book Nourishing Traditions. My hope was that my mother would open up this book and read it.
It took her over a year and a half to open up the book and look at it. She called me to ask me about a tonic called Beet Kvass. I told her the recipe was in the book I gave her :). She was interesting in beet kvass because a friend had told her about it. My mother and her friend made a batch of beek kvass and began to drink the kvass daily. My mother started to feel healthier and experienced better energy.
A Healing Testimony
After just a few weeks of drinking beet kvass, a wart my mother had for over 30 years vanished! The wart was on her foot and was something she always worried might be cancerous. The only thing that she had changed in her diet was drinking the beet kvass.
Beet Kvass: A Cleansing Tonic
Beet kvass is a tonic that cleanses the blood and helps detoxify the liver. As a fermented drink, it also aids in digestion. It is rich in B-complex vitamins such as niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine and minerals such as iron, manganese, copper, potassium and magnesium.
You may also like:
- Coconut Water Kefir Recipe
- How To Ferment Apple Sauce
- Coconut Milk Kefir – A Healing Probiotic Food Everyone Needs!
Beet Kvass – A Healing Tonic!
- cutting board
- gallon mason jar
- Airlock (optional but useful)
- gloves (optional).
- 1 Vegetable Culture Packet or 1/4 Cup Whey
- 4 organic beets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- filtered water
- Gently wash any dirt from beets. Cut the beets into large chunks. There is no need to peel the beets.
- Place beets in mason jar.
- Add the starter culture (or whey if using) and salt.
- Fill the jar with filtered water. Make sure to leave an inch of space between the top of the water and the lid. Use an airlock for best results.
- Cover tightly with lid and place in a warm spot in your home.
- Allow the beet kvass to ferment for 1 week.
Some people are turned off by the taste of beet kvass. It has a very earthy and salty taste.
Last Updated on