Coconut water kefir is an immune boosting fermented beverage that helps to build good gut health and is full of electrolytes. Drink daily with each meal for better digestion.
Coconut kefir was one of the first fermented beverage I made at home. I decided to give a try after reading The Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates. According to Dana Gates, “a half cup of the Coconut Water Kefir with meals greatly helps digestion.” Coconut kefir has many benefits including better digestion and immune boosting properties.
I’ve been drinking coconut water for years for it’s health benefits and because I love the taste! Once I discovered coconut water could be fermented into a healthy probiotic beverage I had to try it!
Coconut kefir is the only fermented food my husband will drink on a regular basis. It’s actually become quite an expensive treat since I’ve been lazy lately and started purchasing the bottles of Kevita from the health food store instead of making it.
I enjoy making fermented foods and drinks so I decided to get back on the kefir making train! I’m now making coconut kefir again and I’m learning to make different flavors as well!Print
Coconut Water Kefir
- Pour the water kefir grains and the coconut water in a jar.
- Cover jar with cheesecloth and a rubber band.
- Let the mixture stand for up to 48 hours at room temperature. If your fermenting the kefir in a warm room the process may be quicker than 48 hours.
- Strain the kefir and reserve the grains for another batch of kefir.
- Now it’s time for a second fermentation! This step makes your coconut water kefir fizzy!
Second Fermentation Directions:
- Mix coconut kefir and juice together and pour into a tight-sealing bottle.
- Allow the coconut kefir to ferment for up to 48 hours or until it’s fizzy.
- Store your bottles of coconut water kefir in the refrigerator.