This is my daughters new favorite snack! I’ve been trying to give her more fermented and cultured foods over the last few months. This apple sauce recipe along with full fat yogurt seem to be her favorite (for now).
You may be wondering why I ferment my apple sauce. Fermented foods are incredible good for the digestive system. They help build up good bacteria in the gut! Sauerkraut is one of the more popular fermented foods but unfortunately my kids don’t like it much.
Fermented apple sauce is a wonderful way to get kids to eat healthy, gut building probiotics in the body!
Probiotic Fermented Apple Sauce
Core and slice apples.
Process apples in food processor until it reaches desired consistency. Add whey, cinnamon and salt.
Blend until smooth.
Pour apple sauce into a clean quart size jar (or 2 pint size jars).
Leave an inch of space from apple sauce to lid. If you don’t, you may have an explosion!
Place in warm place for 3 days.
Keep in refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- 6 - 8 medium size organic apples
- 2 tablespoons whey or water kefir
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Core and slice apples.
- Process apples in food processor until it reaches desired consistency. Add whey, cinnamon and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour apple sauce into a clean quart size jar (or 2 pint size jars).
- Leave an inch of space from apple sauce to lid. If you don't, you may have an explosion!
- Place in warm place for 3 days.
- Keep in refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Wicked Good Ketogenic Cookbook
This book is jam packed with 156 delicious fat-shredding recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!This book includes:
- A step-by-step Introduction to the Keto Diet
- Tips on controlling your food costs while you “upgrade” to the ketogenic diet.
- Over 156 recipes including easy breakfasts and snacks
- A simple 4-week meal plan! It can be hard to adopt a new way of eating, but this simple 4-week meal plan makes it easy to shop and plan your meals. With this plan, you’ll be eating and loving the Keto Diet in no time!