These coconut gummy snacks are delicious and rich in healthy fats and protein. My kids love them and eat them up every time I make them!
These gut-healing homemade coconut gummy snacks are delicious and rich in healthy fats and protein!
I usually make a batch of homemade fruit snacks once or twice a month so I have healthy snacks on hand for my kids. This week we’re making Vanilla Bean & Coconut Gummy Snacks.
My babies like to eat these between meals or for dessert. I enjoy blending 1-2 of them into my coffee (tastes like coconut vanilla latte!). 🙂
This recipe comes together really quickly. You just need to give the gummies some time to set before snacking on them.
How To Make Coconut Gummy Snacks
To get started you’ll need gelatin powder (I used great lakes), full fat coconut milk, vanilla and a sweetener. You may use any sweetener in this recipe. I’ve used raw honey, organic sugar, stevia and swerve.
1: Mix 1/2 a can of coconut milk with the gelatin. Mix the gelatin into the milk and let it sit for a few minutes. The gelatin will “bloom” and absorb the coconut milk.
2: Stir in the vanilla (I used vanilla beans) and your sweetener.
3: Next you’ll bring the other half of the coconut milk to a boil and pour it over the gelatin mixture.
4: Use a whisk to mix the gelatin batter vigorously. Make sure all the gelatin has melted and there aren’t any clumps.
Get your molds ready to fill! I use a turkey baster to fill the silicon molds.
Refrigerate the gummy snacks until they’re all set. Pop them out of the molds and store in an air-tight container. Enjoy!
You May Also Like:Print
Coconut Gummy Snacks (Gut-Healing Recipe)
These coconut gummy snacks are delicious and rich of healthy fats and protein. My kids love them and eat them up every time I make them!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: Snack
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw honey or liquid sweetener (like this one)
- 3 tablespoons grass fed gelatin (I used great lakes)
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- In a small bowl mix 1/2 of coconut milk with raw honey and vanilla.
- Add the gelatin to the coconut milk and let it soak for a minute or until it gels up.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut milk in a saucepan on low heat. You want the coconut milk to be hot but not boiling.
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the gelatin mixture.
- Use a whisk and mix the ingredients together.
- Pour into molds or into a 5×7 inch Pyrex pan.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
- Store coconut snacks in a closed container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons (1 gummy)
- Calories: 31
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9g
- Protein: 1.3g