There are many gelatin health benefits and uses. Gelatin is known to aid digestion and has been used in treatment of intestinal disorders.
There are many health benefits of consuming gelatin. It’s know to aid digestion and has been used in treatment of intestinal disorders including colitis and Crohn’s disease. I’ve eaten gelatin for years but it wasn’t until I read The Gelatin Secret that I made it part of my daily routine. I now add gelatin to my coffee, my daily smoothie and always add it to my food when I can.
What Kind Of Gelatin Are We Talking About Here?
Before I get into the benefits of gelatin I want to be clear about what type of gelatin I use (I don’t want you to run down to the store and buy a box of JELL-O thinking it’s healthy). I recommend using gelatin made from pasture raised animals. I know of three companies that make gelatin from grass-fed cows, Vital Proteins and Great Lakes.
Great Lakes Gelatin makes 3 different gelatin powders:
1. Beef Gelatin (RED) – This is the gelatin that you’ll want to buy to make homemade jello, fruit snacks and gummies. (Buy it here)
2. Collagen Hydrolysate (GREEN) – This product is water-soluble, which means it can be added to cold liquid and will NOT solidify. (Buy it here)
3. Porcine Gelatin (Orange) – This product is made from pork and is not kosher. It can be used like the beef gelatin. (Buy it here)
Gelatin Health Benefits and Uses
1. Gut Health – Gelatin is one of the best foods for gut health. It helps to fill holes and damaged areas of the stomach lining and reduces inflammation. Gelatin also increases the amount of gastric acid in they gut, which is needed to breakdown and digest protein.
2. Bone Health – Did you know that our bones are made up of collagen? We hear often that calcium is needed for healthy bones but calcium is needed with collagen to make our bones healthy and strong. Gelatin in bone broth or grass fed powdered gelatin is the best way to get collagen.
3. Joint Health – It’s common knowledge that collagen is needed for healthy joints (the connective tissues in our joins are made up of collagen). According to this study athletes who took a collagen supplement experienced less pain in their joints and saw an increase in performance!
4. Skin & Hair Health – Collagen gives your skin its elasticity and helps to keep your skin wrinkle free. Gelatin is also anti-estrogenic and may help balance hormones and break down fat that causes cellulite. Gelatin also improves the strength and shine of your hair.
As I mentioned above, I add gelatin to my smoothies, drinks and soups almost daily. I also like to make homemade jello, fruit snacks and protein bars with gelatin too! Below is a list of fun recipes that’ll help you add more gelatin to your diet:
Homemade Jello Recipes
Healthy Fruit Snacks
Pudding, Mousse & Bars
Check out my Gelatin Recipe Pinterest Board for more gelatin recipes!
I highly recommend you pick up a copy of The Gelatin Secret: The Surprising Superfood That Transforms Your Health and Beauty. The Gelatin Secret will give you all the ancient secrets and recipes to see and feel incredible health results in the shortest time possible. In fact for many women and men, they have immediately seen a difference within a couple of weeks of daily consumption of bone broth and powdered gelatin. You’ll be surprised at how quickly you will feel your digestive system improving, see your skin clearing up, fewer allergies and notice pain decreasing — all within a matter of weeks. Then you’ll be astonished when in a few months your nails have become stronger, tooth decay has begun to reverse and those bouts of hunger vanish. I know it sounds almost too good to be true, but that’s how powerful gelatin is. Literally in a few months you could be experiencing the benefits of your gut healing, your bone and joints becoming stronger and allergies slowly disappearing. Click here to order a copy!
Last Updated on