Cheesecake is my all-time favorite dessert. I make it once a year, usually when we entertain. I spend most of the day in the kitchen when I do that kind of baking, which is why it only happens ever so often.
This week I discovered that I could cut back on the time to make this delicious dessert by following the no-bake method which calls for adding gelatin. I also decided to skip on the crust to cut the time down even more,
What were my results? It took me less than 10 minutes to make these beautiful mini crustless no-bake cheesecakes! AND they taste wonderful too! These were so easy to make I may just have to start eating cheesecake for breakfast from now on. 🙂
Crustless No-Bake Cheesecake
- Pour gelatin and sugar into bowl.
- Pour boiling water over the gelatin and sugar.
- Stir and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla and cream cheese to bowl.
- Use a hand mixer and whip the ingredients together until combined, about 3 minutes. The batter should be thick and creamy.
- Evenly spoon the batter into 6 ramekins.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cheesecake is set, 2-4 hours.
- Garnish with cocoa powder or homemade maraschino cherries.
*I did not test this recipe with homemade cream cheese. I used this organic cream cheese, which is free of additives and thickeners. If you purchase cream cheese to use in the recipe please purchase organic cream cheese that does not contain carrageenan or gums. Carrageena causes inflammation in the gut and is a known carcinogen. [source]