Ditch the chemicals and clean your sink, toilets and shower with this non-toxic soft scrub recipe!
I quit using a lot of cleaners several years ago after I had read about the health hazards of the chemicals in cleaning products and the possible link to cancer and other serious conditions. I was particularly concerned when I read that children born to women who held cleaning jobs while pregnant have an elevated risk of birth defects!
Over the years I’ve slowly removed toxic cleaners, air fresheners and beauty products from our home and have replaced them with homemade products made with natural ingredients. It’s a little work, but it’s doable to reduce your family’s exposure to toxic chemicals with simple homemade products.
This soft scrub recipes works just as well as the store-bought scrub! I’ve used this scrub to clean and polish my sinks, bathtub and toilets.
If you’re not a DIYer you can purchase this scrub pre-made here. I personally know the seller and she wanted to share the recipe with you all!
How To Use
Start with a quarter size dollop of cleaner and add more as needed to clean your sink, tub or toilet.
Non-Toxic Soft Scrub Recipe
Yields approximately 8 ounces of soft scrub.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 6 tablespoons castile soap
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 4 Tablespoons white vinegar
- Essential oils (Optional)
- Whisk the baking soda and castile soap together. Vinegar and castile soap usually don’t mix, but in this recipe it works well and makes a good paste. She tested the recipe without vinegar and it didn’t clean the sinks as well and they weren’t as shiny.
- Slowly add water while mixing.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add the vinegar and whisk the mixture together vigorously.
- Add a few drops of essential oils of choice.
Learn how to make all natural bath and beauty products with essential oils!