Coconut Cream Chocolate Fudge (Dairy Free)

Coconut Fudge

I love fudge. But this, this is different from any fudge I’ve ever had. It’s like eating a dense fudgy brownie. I searched for healthy fudge recipes online and found one by a friend of mine, Lydia at Divine Health. I tried her recipe for Healthy Homemade Chocolate Butter Fudge, but I used coconut butter  instead of butter (no offense butter, I still love you ♥). This recipe is so simple, so easy, and so nourishing! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Coconut Cream Chocolate FudgePhotobucket

ad_spacer ad_spacer

Step 1. Heat a medium saucepan over low heat. Add coconut cream concentrate or coconut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla and sea salt. Mix well as the coconut cream melts. Slowly add the raw honey into the coconut mixture until combined.

ad_spacer ad_spacer

Step 2. Pour the warm fudge into greased 8 inch square pan. Cover and refrigerate. Allow fudge to refrigerate for 4 hours or until its completely set. Cut into squares and serve.

Beware of little one’s trying to steal your precious fudge!
Photobucket

ad_spacer ad_spacer

• lydia October 12, 2011, 3:20 pm

Ha ha, love the pic! This is an awesome option as well!

• Pam October 12, 2011, 8:07 pm

How about that? I’ve been thinking I need a new fudge recipe to fit out new healthier diet AND BAM! You have one right here! You are a mind reader!

• Emma October 13, 2011, 3:01 am

This would so hit the spot! It looks amazing. I don’t think I could keep my daughter away from it either.

• France @ Beyond The Peel October 13, 2011, 6:27 pm

How fun and all natural. Love it.

• Debbie @ Easy Natural Food October 13, 2011, 10:09 pm

Hhhmmm….this looks yummy!

• Carmen @ Natural and Nourished Family October 20, 2011, 7:49 pm

This looks great! Off to try it now….

• Suzy October 21, 2011, 6:24 pm

I missed this recipe last week. I am so glad it was highlighted this week on GNOWFGLINS. It is going on my to make list. I wish I could have some now!

• Rauel November 1, 2011, 4:39 pm

I love coconut! I used cocout oil instead of cream and it kinda turned out a little different. Its white on the top and black on the bottom, lol. Next time I will have to try with the coconut cream.

• Raymond February 21, 2012, 6:25 am

My wife and I made this coconut fudge and we love it! Good thing we found some coconut butter. We used unsweetened Hershey’s cocoa powder. I think this is perfect for our primal way of eating. Thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe!

• Starlene March 19, 2012, 8:43 pm

Oh, this looks fantastic. Found your recipe from your comment at Lydia’s Divine Health from the Inside Out.

• belenda March 31, 2012, 3:56 pm

Do you think powdered Truvia would be okay as a honey substitute? I can’t have any honey, agave, maple syrup, cane sugar, real sugar, date sugar…..but Stevia and Truvia YES! Trying to make this work somehow….

• The Coconut Mama April 1, 2012, 8:35 am

I’m sure stevia would work great!

• natalei February 5, 2013, 11:00 pm

What is coconut cream concentrate? can you please post a link so that we can actually see a product and if not – can you tell us how to make it? can these fudge stars go in a snackbox or will they become to soft?

• sam February 22, 2013, 5:23 pm

How do you measure coconut butter to 1 1/2 cups? Do you measure when it’s cold or melted?

• Marie a. March 2, 2013, 10:20 am

I used 3 cups of coconut to make my coconut butter, but only produced 1 cup of coconut butter, so I supplemented with sunflower seed butter for this recipe. It was super yummy! Thank you so much!

• Kmindia2005 March 4, 2013, 6:06 pm

I made this and added some crunchy peanut butter!

Love this :-) thank you for this great recipe!

• Kim March 25, 2013, 4:23 am

I added shredded coconut and pecans. OMG.

• Dawna Austin April 21, 2013, 2:16 pm

Why do the first two pictures vary so greatly? What did you add to the recipe in the first picture?

• PinkKitchen May 4, 2013, 11:16 am

Do you have to keep this fudge refrigerated? It looks yummy! Here’s a dairy-free recipe for Gingerbread Fudge that you might like, too. (The picture’s not great, but it tastes really good!) http://bit.ly/12BOM2K

• Kendahl @ Our Nourishing Roots May 20, 2013, 5:42 am

Um, YUM!!

• Yalda Hashimi May 22, 2013, 3:05 am

my kids love this when make them http://www.zibakitchen.com

• Brigitta July 17, 2013, 12:45 pm

Tried to make this last night. It did not turn out, even though I followed the instructions to a ‘T’ (I’m an experienced cook & baker). I think the problem was adding both the coconut butter AND the cocoa in first, when the coconut butter should have been added by itself first until it was fully melted.

Moreover, I think the amount of coconut butter might need to be increased, since once I added the cocoa, it chunked up, and the honey did not do much to break up the chunkiness of it at that point.

Brigitta

• Tiffany @ The Coconut Mama July 17, 2013, 3:04 pm

I’m sorry you had trouble with the recipe.

I’ve made this so many times and I’ve never had a batch not turn out. What type of coconut butter did you use? Store bought? Homemade? Did you let it melt completely?

• Dana January 12, 2014, 1:36 pm

I just made this Friday night as my first food processor / coconut butter recipe. Due to a nice glass of vodka, I burnt my first batch but was DETERMINED to get this right! The second batch turned out great, even though I had only enough coconut butter left to do 1/5 of the recipe, making it more of a fudge-bark. Long story short – DELICIOUS and I LOVE YOUR BLOG.

• The Coconut Mama January 12, 2014, 2:08 pm

Hi Dana! When I first read your comment I thought you had put vodka INTO the recipe hah! I’m so glad it turned out for you though!

Much coconut love!

• Jennifer Flores January 15, 2014, 2:06 pm

I to tell you: this was the first recipe I made with my homemade coconut butter. By the time I was ready to put the fudge in a pan, a lot was missing. Pure deliciousness! And easy. Thank you

• Sonja Gale January 24, 2014, 8:54 am

Hi coconut mama, I really love the idea of this recipe but twice now it hasn’t turned out right. First my creamed coconut (what we call it in the UK) took a very long time to melt, in fact it started to smell toasted. It wouldn’t completely melt, so I added some coconut oil to loosen it as it just wasn’t liquid. Got it just about liquid but very thick, and as soon as I added the honey it just turned into a dough-like consistency! I will chill it anyway to see how it turns out but it’s really grainy, it definitely won’t be smooth! Any ideas where I’m going wrong?

• Reese February 4, 2014, 10:35 am

I have made this a couple times. Very yummy. I also tried doing just 1 cup coconut butter and then added 1/2 cup peanut butter it was pretty awesome and a bit softer. Next time I think I’ll add mint extract for mint fudge :) Thanks so much for this recipe!

• Carmella February 13, 2014, 1:36 pm

Is coconut butter the same as coconut cream concentrate (Tropical Traditions) If no, what is the difference? I get confused by all the different names…. Coconut Oil, coconut butter, coconut cream, cacao butter, ect.

• Kiana Rose February 26, 2014, 6:10 pm

This tasted ALOT like tootsie roll, even followed the instructions and 100 percent sure I followed them correctly. HEHEH i love tootsie rolls. I advise you though, if youre not very fond of tootsie roll than this is NOT for you. Ive noticed the coconut mama makes recipes that taste nothing like what its suppose to be. It tastes good though, I WARN YOU, SOME OF THE RECIPES ARE DISGUSTING.:P

• Christian Novicki April 24, 2014, 11:24 am

Hey Coconut mama! I would love to feature this recipe on my blog. However I was wondering if you have any suggestions on whether coconut oil, coconut butter, or full fat coconut milk work best in this. Let me know! Thanks!
    Christian

• Lizzy June 16, 2014, 2:47 pm

I’m crazy for coconut butter! I love it on my oatmeal, and just plain on a spoon! I’m trying to incorporate more raw foods into my diet, and found this super easy, delicious, and nutritious fudge recipe. I replaced about half of the raw honey, and added pure maple syrup (just because I love pure maple syrup), and also used raw organic cacao powder to boost it’s nutritional value. I just have to say, thank you Coconut Mama….it’s the best fudge ever!!!

Ps. Your “buy it here” link to coconut butter actually takes you to a coconut oil product, not coconut butter. It might confuse people who aren’t familiar with the difference. :)

• The Coconut Mama June 16, 2014, 9:39 pm

I’m so happy you like it! Oh and thank you for letting me know about the link. I fixed it! :)

• Eric Gugger June 22, 2014, 2:33 pm

Thank you so much for making this recipe! My girlfriend & I just made it today and it’s absolutely fantastic! We added a bit of toppings to go along with it, hemp seeds & coconut shreds. Now we can’t stop eating it! :D We think we will be making this for desert everyday from now on. Lol I will be passing this recipe on to my family & friends! :)

Thanks again for this wonderful recipe!

• Beth July 13, 2014, 7:06 pm

Wow! My first recipe with coconut butter…and a dessert without flour, sugar or butter in it! Yahoo! My dad and Gram were shocked to learn how natural this is…and YUMMY too! I didn’t have enough coconut butter to complete the 1 1/2 cups so I substituted almost a 1/2 cup of peanut butter. Also, as I saw another reviewer do, I added a few tbsp of coconut flakes and chopped pecans. We will definitely be using this recipe for years to come. THANK YOU!

• jennifer September 15, 2014, 1:28 pm

This recipe looks fabulous! Plus, it is just in time for the holidays right around the corner. My daughter nor myself can eat dairy or gluten so I’m always on a hunt for fun things we can make and she will love!

• Brooke September 17, 2014, 8:19 pm

So bummed! Really wanted this to work, but I had the same problem as some others on here where it seized up and became a clumpy mess. I used homemade coconut butter, equal exchange organic baking cocoa, and raw honey from the farmers market. Any idea what I did wrong? It pretty much clumped and separated as soon as I added the cocoa to the melted coconut butter