Last week I posted a few photos on Wordless Wednesday of some of the meals I’ve been feeding my family lately. One of my favorite meals last week was a grain free quiche made with my Coconut Flour Pie Crust. It was delicious! I thought I’d share the recipe with you :).
- 1 coconut flour pie crust, unbaked
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped (save the bacon fat to cook your onion in!)
- 1 small onion, chopped medium
- 5 eggs (preferably from pastured hens)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup of cream, raw or organic pasteurized (don’t use ultra pasteurized)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces of gruyère cheese (you may substitute this with cheddar or jack, though the gruyère gives a superior flavor to the quiche)
1.Cook the onion in a small frying pan over medium-high heat until lightly brown, about 5 minutes.Toss the onion with the cooked bacon and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Adjust oven rack to middle position. Whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, thyme, pepper and salt.
3.Sprinkle cheese and bacon mixture over uncooked pie shell. Place the pie in the oven. Carefully pour egg mixture into pie shell.
4.Bake until the top of the quiche is lightly browned and a knife inserted about 1 inch deep comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. The center should be set, but soft like gelatin. Transfer the quiche to a baking rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with The Coconut Mama's ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Also note, The Coconut Mama is an participant of Amazons affiliate program. I may make a small commission on and orders made through my amazon links. The helps me maintain my site. Thank you for your support!All post and information provided within this blog is for informational and educational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this website. Please consult your physician or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and well being or on any opinions expressed within this website.