Do you or someone you know have facial hair? If so this beard oil recipe is going to be a new favorite in your own.
This beard oil is all natural and will tame any wild hairs and create soft beard hair that is nourished and shiny. Skip the expensive beard oils in the store and learn how to make this homemade beard oil with 4 ingredients.
Beard care is important, as beard hair can become untamed, dry and more. So using a beard balm or oil is a great way to take care of the hair for a nice clean and shiny look to the hair, plus it can aid in beard growth as well. There are many health benefits that come along with a beard oil.
Benefits of Beard Oil
Here are some great reasons why you might enjoy a bottle of this beard oil recipe in your bathroom. Or gift this beard oil to someone you know and care for.
- Moisturizer for the hair and great for skin care.
- Adds shine to the beard instantly.
- Relieves beard itch from dry skin.
- Fragrant from the essential oil scents you choose to use.
- If you struggle with dandruff this can relieve the unwanted flakes.
- Helps create a healthy beard that will grow strong.
- Can help reduce ingrown hairs.
Ingredients You Will Need
To make your own beard oil, you will need the following ingredients:
- Jojoba Oil – This is similar to the natural oils our skin produces naturally. Plus it is easily soaked into the skin to start working. You will find that this oil can help to soften the hair and can help naturally gown hair follicles.
- Avocado Oil – Avocado oil is great for all skin types. It is loaded with vitamins A, E, C and more. This is a great carrier oil as it contains essential fatty acids that will truly enhance this natural beard oil. This is going to help create strong air that reduces breakage, aids in hair growth and can soothe itchy or dry skin.
- Cedarwood Essential Oil – A few drops of essential oils to the oil base oil is going to offer a fragrant aroma but also help stimulate hair growth, soothe itchy skin, reduce skin irritation and more. Now this oil smells very woody and manly. You are welcome to use different essential oils if you find you do not like the fragrance.
- Vitamin E Oil – This is optional but a few drops of oil is going to help moisturize the skin, soften the hair and infuse your skin with vitamins and nutrients.
How to Store Beard Oil
I highly recommend that you will place your beard oil in glass bottles. Essential oils can break down plastic over time so glass is a good idea to ensure it stores the best. An amber bottle can also help preserve the ingredients in the oil. Keep it away from direct sunlight. I also love a glass dropper bottle as a few drops of this oil will go a long way.
How to Use
Add a few drops of oil into your hands and massage between hands. Then rub it onto your beard. With a beard comb then brush through the beard working the oil into the hair. Now you can also add oil to your beard brush or comb directly and then brush it through if you prefer. I find the massaging in hands is going to help ensure your entire beard is covered.
Tips and Variations to Recipe
- Make sure to look over all the ingredients in this beard oil recipe to make sure they are safe for you to use. Some might have sensitive skin to certain ingredients listed. These are all natural ingredients and it should be okay, but it is always important to check.
- Change up the fragrance or add additional essential oils to the oil. Peppermint oil, tea tree oil, etc. Feel free to create an aroma of what you would like.
- Depending on how long or short your beard is a drop to a few drops of beard oil will do. Use your best judgement.
- This beard oil recipe makes a perfect gift, so add a gift tag with a note for the men in your life.
- Change up the carrier oil you use if you want, to alter the texture. Sweet almond oil, sunflower oil, olive oil, fractionated coconut oil, etc. Or do a blend of oils to create dimension.
DIY Beard Oil Recipe
Learn how to make your own bear oil with this homemade recipe made with plant-based oils that’ll leave the skin soft.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 oz. organic jojoba oil
- 1/2 oz. organic avocado oil
- 10–12 drops cedearwood essentail oil
- 3 drops of vitamin E oil, optional
- 1 ounce dropper bottle
- Drip the essential oils into a glass bottle.
- Add jojoba oil, avocado oil, and vitamin E oil to bottle.
- Roll between palms to combine mixture.
How To Use:
- The best time to apply a beard oil is fresh out of the shower.
- Pour a small amount of oil into your palm. The bigger the beard, the more you’ll need!
- Run open palms and fingers through your beard until evenly distributed.
- Touch-up and refresh beard as needed throughout the day.
- Serving Size: 1 ounce bottle