Homemade brazil nut butter is so easy to make and is a great nut butter to make at home.
There are so many types of nut butters ranging from classic peanut butter to almond butter. Homemade nut butter is a pantry essential in my home.
Why Brazil Nut Butter?
Incorporating Brazil nut butter into your diet offers a myriad of benefits. Notably, these nuts are an excellent source of selenium, a vital mineral that can be challenging to obtain in sufficient quantities. Just a single Brazil nut provides your daily requirement of selenium! Brazil nuts are also a good source of healthy fats like polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats and other essential nutrients like copper.
How To Make Brazil Nut Butter
For this recipe you will need two cups of raw brazil nuts and a food processor.
Step 1: Roast the brazil nuts. Spread the brazil nuts on a cookie sheet and roast at 350º F for 8-10 minutes. Use a spatula to move the nuts around on while roasting. Once the dust are roasted, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
Step 2: Pour the cooled nuts into a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until the tree nuts turn into a smooth butter, about 2-3 minutes. The longer you blend, the more runnier consistency the nut butter will have.
Step 3: Pour the prepared brazil nut butter into a glass jar or airtight container. Store this delicious nut butter at room temperature for up to 6 months. If the nut butter sits for a few days there may be oil separation. Simply mix the oil and the nut butter together with a spoon.
Tips & Variations:
- Sweetened Nut Butter: This recipe is simply made with brazil nuts, no added sugar or oils. If you’d like to make a sweetened butter, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup to sweeten it.
- Make Small Batches: If you have a small food processor or blender, you may need to make this nut butter in small batches.
- Mix with Other Nuts: If you’re not a fan of the nutty flavor of brazil nuts, you can mix them with other nuts like almonds and cashews to make a healthy nut butter with a different flavor.
Use it like you do other nut butters! Serve on toast with honey, in sandwiches, on top of pancakes or as a dip with pretzels as an afternoon snack.
You don’t, roasted brazil nuts will work too!
Yes, I’ve made organic brazil nut butter with organic nuts. Just look at your local health food store to find them.
Related Articles & Recipes:Print
Brazil Nut Butter Recipe
You will love this deliciously smooth homemade brazil nut butter! This nutritious nut butter has high selenium content and a smooth consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups brazil nuts
- Spread the brazil nuts on a cookie sheet and roast at 350º F for 8-10 minutes. Use a spatula to move the nuts around on while roasting. Once the dust are roasted, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Pour the cooled nuts into a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until the tree nuts turn into a smooth butter. The longer you blend, the more runnier consistency the nut butter will have.
- Pour the prepared brazil nut butter into an airtight glass container. Store this delicious nut butter at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Note: The oil may separate. If this happens, simply mix the oil back into the nut butter with a clean spoon.
- Serving Size: 2 tbs
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g