Make lasagna with these 3-ingredient Cauliflower Noodles. Cauliflower is mixed with cream cheese to make the most delicious keto cauliflower noodles. Perfect for making lasagna.
These 3-ingredient cauliflower noodles are amazing! They are keto, and only made with cauliflower, eggs, and cream cheese. Blend these ingredients together and pour onto a baking sheet and you get the best keto lasagna noodles.
Maybe you won’t believe me but you can hardly taste the cauliflower. I made a simple lasagna with ground beef, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and these noodles and the noodles tasted like they were layers of ricotta cheese. The noodles had a ricotta taste that really added to my lasagna.
These noodles are a great way to add more cauliflower to your meals and sneak in some veggies. Since you use cauliflower puree there is no weird texture that would happen if you used riced cauliflower.
These simple keto cauliflower noodles can even be frozen. If you happen to make too many noodles, simply freeze the extras and make keto lasagna with them another night. The keto noodles defrost effortlessly and do not lose their texture.
I do have to warn you that these delicious noodles are very fragile so handle them carefully. Always leave them attached to the parchment paper. Cut them in strips with the parchment paper attached and gently flip each noodle onto the lasagna dish and carefully peel off the parchment paper off.
This recipe makes 9 lasagna size noodles, enough for an 8×8 inch pan. There are 28.4g of net carbs in the whole recipe, making each slice of lasagna under 5g of net carbs. I used https://cronometer.com to calculate the macros for this recipe.Print
Keto Cauliflower Noodles For Lasagna
3-ingredient keto cauliflower noodles perfect for making lasagna. They are only made with cauliflower, eggs, and cream cheese.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 9 lasagna noodles (1 ½ large baking sheets) 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- ½ head of cauliflower (enough to make ¾ cups of cauliflower puree)
- ¾ cup cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- Dash of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300° F. Line a large baking sheet or a small baking sheet (I used a toaster oven size one) with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces.
- Place the cauliflower into a medium-sized saucepan with a lid. Fill with water and bring to a boil. Boil until the cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Drain the saucepan of water, then use an immersion blender and blend the cauliflower until smooth. You can also use a regular blender to do this.
- Take ¾ cups of the cauliflower puree and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add ¾ cups of cream cheese, eggs, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Using a whisk, immersion blender, or a hand mixer, blend until smooth. It’s ok if there are small pieces of cream cheese.
- Pour about 1 1/2 cups of the mixture onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Or about ¾ cup of the mixture if you are using a small baking tray like a toaster oven tray. Fill in each corner with the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm. Once finished baking, allow the noodles to cool for about 10 minutes and then take scissors, cut them into lasagna sized noodles. You should get 6 lasagna noodles per large baking tray.
Note: see FAQ for how to use the cauliflower noodles in lasagna.
- Serving Size: Whole Recipe (Just Noodles)
- Calories: 988
- Fat: 77.5g
- Carbohydrates: 40.5g (28g Net Carbs)
- Fiber: 11.8g
- Protein: 40.9
Keto Cauliflower Noodles FAQ
How do I make a lasagna with cauliflower noodles?
Use your favorite lasagna recipe and switch the cauliflower noodles for the regular noodles. Keep in mind you might need to double the recipe if you are making a large lasagna. The recipe above is perfect for a small lasagna. After the noodles are baked, cut them into strips that are a couple of inches wide. Leave the parchment paper on the noodles. Gently pick up a noodle with the parchment paper attached and carefully flip it onto the lasagna dish and carefully peel off the parchment paper. Discard the parchment paper. Keep doing this with each cauliflower noodle as you assemble your lasagna. Even if the noodle breaks, just gently push it into the right place.
How can I make this recipe egg-free?
I didn’t test an egg-free version. I did a test using psyllium husk to help bind and I have to admit, it didn’t taste very good and it fell apart easily.
How can I make this recipe dairy-free?
I don’t recommend making this recipe dairy-free. The cream cheese helps to add flavor. If you just do eggs and cauliflower puree it will taste like a very bad omelette.
Can I use these noodles for other things?
I tried to use the noodles for soup but they fell apart too easily. Unfortunately these noodles are only great for lasagna, but they make the best keto lasagna.
Can I use cauliflower rice to make these cauliflower noodles?
Yes, you can use cauliflower rice to make cauliflower noodles. Simply, boil or steam the cauliflower rice and puree it and then follow the rest of the recipe directions. You can also use frozen cauliflower florets.
How long will cauliflower noodles last?
Cauliflower noodles will last 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container or 3 months in the freezer. To freeze them, leave the parchment paper on each of the noodles. To defrost the noodles, leave them on a plate with the parchment paper in the refrigerator.