This lovely keto “cornbread” recipe resembles the flavor and texture of traditional cornbread, but without the corn (and carbs)!
Cornbread is one of those comforting foods that go well with soup, stew, and honey butter. When you’re watching your carbs or have to eliminate corn, it’s a dish that’s sorely missed!
If you’ve been missing cornbread this recipe is going to make your day. I’ve always used my coconut flour bread to replace cornbread since coconut flour has a similar, grainy texture like cornmeal. But when I was eating soup this week I was longing for my favorite sweet cornbread recipe. So I adapted my recipe to make it more like cornbread and it turned out perfect!
This keto cornbread recipe is so tasty and has a light sweet flavor that goes well many dishes. I like to serve it with soup, pulled pork (my favorite) or simply by itself.
How To Make Keto Cornbread
You will need to following ingredients: coconut flour, monk fruit, salt, baking soda, eggs, coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Melt the coconut oil (I used butter flavored coconut oil) and mix it into the dry ingredients.
Then add the apple cider vinegar. This activates the baking soda and helps the batter to rise.
Now add the eggs. You should beat them first then add them to the batter but I skipped that step… and it turned out fine.
Scoop the batter into an 8 inch cast iron skillet and smooth the top. I used parchment paper to make the top of the keto cornbread to make it look extra smooth for the pictures, but it’s not a necessary step.
Bake the keto cornbread at 350 ºF for 20-25 minutes, or until the cornbread is golden brown.Print
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: paleo
- Cuisine: southern
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 organic eggs, at room temperature
- Pre-heat the oven to 350º F
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl
- Add the melted coconut oil or butter and mix into the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar and then the eggs.
- Allow the batter to sit for a few minutes. This allows the coconut flour to absorb the liquid ingredients.
- Lightly grease an 8 inch cast iron skillet.
- Scoop the batter into an skillet. Use a rubber spatula to spread the batter into the pan evenly.
- Bake the cornbread for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
This is a sweeter cornbread. If you prefer to leave out the monk fruit you may.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 147
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g
- Protein: 4g