Coconut flour bread is one of the easiest recipes to start with when you start baking with coconut flour! This recipe makes one loaf of bread. You can easily double or triple this recipe and freeze extra loaves.
Coconut flour bread isn’t the same as gluten bread. It can be grainy and very dense, which is why we don’t use it for sandwich bread. This bread is best used for making toast and as a side with meals.
If you’re looking for a sandwich bread I suggest you try my grain free flat bread recipe. It’s extremely easy to make a works wonderfully for sandwiches and hamburgers!
Honey is listed in the ingredients for this recipe but it isn’t necessary. If you enjoy a slightly sweet bread you’ll want to use it. If not, you can just leave it out.
If this is your first time baking with coconut flour you may think it’s odd that this recipe calls for such a small amount of flour. This isn’t a mistake in the recipe! Coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquid so it’ll double in size once you add the liquid ingredients.
Coconut Flour Bread Recipe
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a medium bowl, mix eggs, coconut oil and honey (if using).
- Mix until all the wet ingredients are combined.
- Add coconut flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder and salt to the wet mixture and mix until the batter is lump free.
- Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes.
- Scoop batter into a greased bread pan (I used a medium bread pan, 7 3/8″ x 3 5/8″ x 2″).
- Bake bread until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes.