These gluten free coconut flour tortillas are delicious and perfect for tacos, burritos and wraps!
Eating a gluten-free or grain-free diet can be difficult when you are surrounded with culinary dishes that just call to you. Take tortillas for example; fresh, soft and warm tortillas. Who doesn’t want to indulge? The recipe below yields 12 delicious grainfree tortillas, perfect to use for tacos, burritos, grilled wraps, or crepes. I promise you, this recipe is life changing… you can thank me later.
And not only are they grainfree, but they contains just 6 real food ingredients, most of which you will have already in your kitchen. So? What are you waiting for! Add these to your meal plan and let me know what you made. First up here is a savory breakfast crepe with egg, ham, swiss cheese and fresh parsley.
Traditional tortillas are made into a dough, are rolled out with a rolling pin, and use a tortilla press. But with this tortilla recipe, you make a liquid batter, like pancakes, and pour the batter into a skillet. The taste and texture is amazing and like regular tortillas, just a slightly eggy.
If you’re looking for a vegan, egg-free, tortilla recipes, then give my cauliflower tortillas a try! The recipe is amazing and only contains three ingredients!
About The Ingredients
If you’re new to grain free baking some of the ingredients in this recipe may be foreign to you. Don’t worry, you’ll be able to find most of them at your local health food store or on amazon.
Coconut flour is made from dried coconut solids ground into a very fine powder. It’s light flavor and coconut scent make it a delicious option for baking. This flour is light and airy, making it amazing for baking cakes, muffins or pancakes. Buy it from amazon here.
Tapioca flour (sometimes labels tapioca starch) is mad from cassava root. It’s a wonderful addition to grain free baking since it’s so light. You can use it in place of cornstarch as a thickener in sauces and pie filling. If you can’t find it locally, order it online from amazon here.
Looking for more coconut flour recipes? Try one of these popular recipes:Print
Coconut Flour Tortillas
These easy coconut flour tortillas are delicious and perfect for tacos, burritos and paleo wraps! These dairy-free and gluten free tortillas are delicious and come together in under 10 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8 Tortillas 1x
- Category: Breads
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 4 large Organic Eggs
- 2 cups Tapioca Flour Starch
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional, but recommended when using tortillas for sweet crepes)
- Heat an 8” frying pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Depending on the type of pan you are using, you may want to melt a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil to ensure the tortillas don’t stick.
- In a mixing bowl, add together the almond milk and eggs. Blend or whisk well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue mixing until there are no clumps of flour.
- *Ensure the pan is well heated before moving forward*
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop the mix and pour onto the center of the pan. Quickly rotate your wrists and tilt the pan until the mixture covers the entire bottom. This will create an 8” tortilla.
- After a minute or so you will see the edges starting to lift. Using a wide spatula, flip the tortilla. Cook until golden brown and flip once more to brown the first side.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool on a baking rack.
- Add a tiny amount of coconut oil to your pan and begin again.
- This recipe makes twelve 8” tortillas. These can be served immediately, stored in the refrigerated for 2 weeks or in the freezer for longer.
- Serving Size: 1 tortilla
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrates: 32g (29 net carbs)
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 4.6g