These coconut flour brownies are the best gluten-free dessert I’ve made! They’re warm, gooey and rich in chocolate goodness!
Brownie’s are my go-to dessert that I make when I have company over.
They’re warm, gooey and delicious! My all-time favorite brownie recipe was passed down from my mother in law. Her brownies are the best! Lucky for me her recipe was easily converted to using coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour.
These coconut flour brownies are both gluten-free and dairy-free. Enjoy!
*Note: To make these coconut flour brownies even more chewy and soft, sub 1/3 of the coconut oil with avocado oil. The ratio of fats changes the texture of these brownies, making them even more delicious.
Links in the post are Amazon affiliate links to products I use and love.Print
The Best Coconut Flour Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 24 1x
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (or 1/3 cup coconut oil & 1/3 cup avocado oil)*
- 2 – 12 oz bags of soy free chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Melt 1 bag of soy free chocolate chips in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted you’ll need to add the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the chocolate.
- Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the batter. Mix ingredients together.
- Add the eggs to the batter and mix thoroughly. It’s important that the eggs are at room temperature so they don’t cause the coconut oil to harden in the batter. The brownies will cook uneven if this happens.
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan with coconut oil, ghee or butter.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle to top of the batter with 6 ounces of chocolate chips (half a bag).
- Pour the remainder of the batter over the chocolate chip layer.
- Sprinkle the second half of the bag of chocolate chips over the top brownie layer.
- Bake the brownies for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool before slicing and serving.