Keto Sandwich Bread is super easy to make and only takes 10 minutes!
I love recipes that are easy and and only take a few minutes to throw together. I’m a busy mom and I don’t have a lot of time bake during the week so when I need a gluten free sandwich bread, burger bun or pizza crust I make this recipe.
Enter the keto sandwich bread! This recipe makes two pieces of flat bread, enough for one sandwich, burger or two small pizzas. This quick and simple keto sandwich bread recipe is made with only 5 ingredients, coconut flour, coconut oil, eggs, baking powder and salt. You can mix this recipe up in just a minute and have fresh made sandwich bread ready in less than 15 minutes! Double, triple or quadruple the recipe for batch cooking and toss them in the freezer for future use!
If you are using Pinterest, please feel free to use the following photo:
How To Use Coconut Flour
I started cooking with coconut flour several years ago and I have to say, I wasn’t impressed at first. My breads and cookies were extremely dry and crumbled easily. Not so tasty!
After a lot of recipe testing I found that there are a few things to keep in mind when baking with coconut flour.
- Coconut flour is very high in fiber and very different from wheat flour. When baking with coconut flour you only need to use 1/4 the amount of flour you would normally use in a recipe. For example, if your recipe calls for 1 cup of wheat flour you would only use 1/4 cup of coconut flour in that recipe. Coconut flour also soaks up liquid so you’ll need to add more milk or water and use more eggs to bind the ingredients together.
- Eggs are a very important ingredient in coconut flour recipes because they bind the ingredients together. Without eggs, most coconut flour recipes will crumble apart.
- When making your batter allow the flour to soak up the liquid ingredients for 5-10 minutes. I find that my baked goods come out more evenly baked when I do this.
- Coconut flour can be a little clumpy. Sifting it before measuring can make a big difference in how well your recipe turns out.
Looking for more coconut flour recipes? Try one of these popular recipes:Print
Keto Sandwich Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix coconut flour, sea salt, and baking powder together until combined.
- Add egg and melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Let batter sit for a few minutes to allow the flour to absorb the liquid.
- Scoop half the batter on baking pan and use a spatula to spread batter into a circle the size of a bun.
- Repeat using the rest of the batter. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.