Keto Bread recipe makes a single serving of bread that’s only 2.8g net carbs and only takes 10 minutes!
I love recipes that are easy and only take a few minutes to throw together. I’m a busy mom and I don’t have a lot of time bake during the week so when I need a gluten-free sandwich bread, burger bun or pizza crust I make this recipe. This easy keto bread recipe is a great substitute for regular bread!
Enter the keto sandwich bread! This recipe makes two pieces of flatbread, enough for one sandwich, burger or two small pizzas. This quick and simple keto sandwich bread recipe is made with only 5 ingredients, coconut flour, coconut oil, eggs, baking powder, and salt. You can mix this recipe up in just a minute and have freshly made sandwich bread ready in less than 15 minutes! Double, triple or quadruple the recipe for batch cooking and toss them in the freezer for future use!
I started cooking with coconut flour several years ago and I have to say, I wasn’t impressed at first. My bread and cookies were extremely dry and crumbled easily. Not so tasty!
After a lot of recipe testing, I found that there are a few things to keep in mind when baking with coconut flour.
- Coconut flour is very high in fiber and very different from wheat flour. When baking with coconut flour you only need to use 1/4 the amount of flour you would normally use in a recipe. For example, if your recipe calls for 1 cup of wheat flour you would only use 1/4 cup of coconut flour in that recipe. Coconut flour also soaks up liquid so you’ll need to add more milk or water and use more eggs to bind the ingredients together.
- Eggs are a very important ingredient in coconut flour recipes because they bind the ingredients together. Without eggs, most coconut flour recipes will crumble apart.
- When making your batter allow the flour to soak up the liquid ingredients for 5-10 minutes. I find that my baked goods come out more evenly baked when I do this.
- Coconut flour can be a little clumpy. Sifting it before measuring can make a big difference in how well your recipe turns out.
Keto bread ingredients
I’ve already talked about coconut flour a fair bit, but it’s also worth emphasizing that buying the right coconut flour is important for a quality result. (You can also make your own coconut flour.) Same with coconut oil – for best results, when I have enough time, I will sometimes even make my own coconut oil at home. I also prefer to make my own baking powder when possible.
Aside from those, you just need a tiny bit of sea salt and one egg.
This recipe is delicious and straightforward. Enjoy!
Looking for more coconut flour recipes? Try one of these popular recipes:
- Easy Keto Cornbread Recipe
- Keto Doughnut Recipe (Fathead Coconut Flour Dough)
- Coconut Flour Pie Crust
- Or just check out the full roundup of top coconut flour recipes
Keto Bread Recipe (Single Serving)
Keto bread doesn’t get any easier! Enjoy this delicious low carb bread recipe made with only 5 ingredients. Cooks in less than 15 minutes!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 2 slices 1x
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (Edit: The original recipe called for 1/4 teaspoon of salt. After further testing we felt like less salt was needed.)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix coconut flour, sea salt, and baking powder together until combined.
- Add egg and melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Let batter sit for a few minutes to allow the flour to absorb the liquid.
- Scoop half the batter on baking pan and use a spatula to spread batter into a circle the size of a bun.
- Repeat using the rest of the batter. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6g (2.8g net carbs)
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 7.8g
Originally published January 5th, 2012 and updated with newer images and videos May 25th, 2022.