Creamy whipped coffee (also know as Dalgona Coffee) is a beverage made with instant coffee, sugar (or sweetener), and water. It’s whipped into a creamy coffee and is served cold over chilled milk.
Whipped Coffee has become the official beverage of shutdown. Dalgona coffee recipes and videos have been popping up all over the internet for the last month, and for a good reason! This stuff is delicious and easy to make!
I usually make fresh coffee, but when we began to prepare for lockdown, I picked up a few jars of organic instant coffee to have on hand just in case. And I’m glad I did! For the past several weeks, I’ve been making whipped coffee serval times a week since then. I tested the recipe with both sugar, monk fruit, swerve, and honey.
This beverage is a real treat and makes me feel like I’m sipping on a delicate coffee made by a Barista.
Whipped Coffee Recipe
You will need 2 tablespoons of instant coffee, sugar or sugar substitute, water and milk (dairy-free milk alternatives work too).
Mix the instant coffee and sugar together in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of hot water.
Use a hand mixer to whip the coffee until it’s doubled in size.
Pour 12-16 ounces of cold milk (or milk alternative) into a cup and top with the whipped coffee. Add a few ice cubes if you like! Use a straw to stir the foam into the milk. Use immediately, coffee will flatten after a few hours and does not store well in the refrigerator. Serve and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Click here to pin it on Pinterest!
Links in the post are Amazon affiliate links to products I use and love.Print
Whipped Coffee Recipe (Dalgona Coffee)
A tasty whipped coffee made with instant coffee, sugar and water.
- Prep Time: 1 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 4
- Yield: 1/2 cup 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Korean
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee affiliate links
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 12 ounces milk or milk alternative, chilled
- Mix the instant coffee and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add the hot water and carfully stir the ingredients together.
- Use a hand mixer to whip the coffee until it’s doubled in size.
- Fill a 16 ounce cup with cold milk or milk alternative (I used vanilla almond milk) and top it with the whipped coffee. You can use all the coffee or a smaller portion, if you don’t want your coffee too strong.
- Use whipped coffee within a hour of making.
*Nutrition info uses monk fruit sweetener and unsweetend almond milk.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 3.7
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2 net carbs
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0