Creamy whipped coffee (also know as Dalgona Coffee) is a beverage made with instant coffee, sugar (or sweetener), and water. It’s whipped into a creamy coffee and is served cold over chilled milk. This famous tiktok recipe tastes amazing and is a keeper!
Whipped Coffee has officially become my favorite morning coffee. Dalgona coffee recipes and videos have been popping up all over the internet and instagram for the last month, and for a good reason! This stuff is delicious and easy to make!
I usually make fresh coffee, but when we began to prepare for lockdown, I picked up a few jars of organic instant coffee to have on hand just in case. And I’m glad I did! I became addicted to whipped coffee and drank it several times a week (if not more)! I tested the recipe with both sugar, monk fruit, swerve, brown sugar, and honey and each variation tasted wonderful.
This beverage is a real treat and makes me feel like I’m sipping on a delicate coffee made by a Barista.
Whipped Coffee Recipe
You will need two tablespoons of instant coffee, two tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute, 2 tablespoons water and 12 ounces of milk (dairy-free milk alternatives work too).
Mix equal parts of instant coffee and white sugar together in a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of hot water.
Use an electric hand mixer or whisk to whip the coffee until it’s doubled in size and has stiff peaks.
Pour 12-16 ounces of cold milk, cream, almond milk, oat milk, soy milk (or any milk alternative) into a cup and top with the whipped coffee mixture. Add a few ice cubes if you like! Use a straw to stir the foam into the milk. Use immediately, coffee will flatten after a few hours and does not store well in the refrigerator. Serve and enjoy!
Whipped Coffee Variations
- Mocha Whipped Coffee: Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the sugar/instant coffee mixture and follow the instructions as directed above. This will make a yummy mocha flavored whipped coffee!
- Pumpkin or Chia Spiced Whipped Coffee: Add a 1/2 teaspoon of chia spices or pumpkin pie spices to the dry mixture before adding the hot water. This version tastes like a whipped pumpkin spice latte!
Other Ways To Use Whipped Coffee
You don’t have to use this just for your morning coffee! This creamy coffee tastes amazing on top of coconut ice cream, brownies, and you can even freeze it and enjoy it as a frozen treat!
Whipped Coffee FAQ
- Can I decaf instant coffee in this recipe? Yes! Any instant coffee will whip up for this iced coffee.
- Can I use instant espresso powder to make this? Absolutely! This dalgona coffee recipe works with both instant espresso and regular instant coffee.
- Can I make a big batch of this and save it for later? Unfortuntalty, this whipped coffee losses it’s fluff after a few hours. It’s best to make this coffee drink fresh each time you have it.
- Can I make this coffee keto-friendly? You sure can! Use your favorite sugar-free granulated sugar, and a low-carb milk like macadamia nut milk.
- Does this work with ground coffee? No, this unfortunately won’t work with ground coffee. Instant coffee is what you need to make whipped coffee.
- Can I add a flavor to this coffee? Sure! I personally use vanilla extract, but cinnamon and other spices work well too.
- Is this recipe paleo-friendly? Yes, if you substitute coconut sugar for the white sugar and use a paleo-friendly milk (I like macadamia nut), then this recipe will be paleo approved.
- Can I use an immersion blender to make this? Yes, I have used both electric mixer and immersion blender successfully! The immersion blender defiantly makes this coffee mixture light and creamy!
- Can I double this recipe to serve a crowd? Sure! But make sure to use a larger bowl or use a stand mixer to make it easier to make large portions of whipped coffee.
Like this recipe? Click here to pin it on Pinterest!Print
Whipped Coffee Recipe (Dalgona Coffee)
A tasty whipped coffee made with instant coffee, sugar and water.
- Prep Time: 1 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 4
- Yield: 1/2 cup 1x
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Korean
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee affiliate links
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 12 ounces milk or milk alternative, chilled
- Mix the instant coffee and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add the hot water and carfully stir the ingredients together.
- Use a hand mixer to whip the coffee until it’s doubled in size.
- Fill a 16 ounce cup with cold milk or milk alternative (I used vanilla almond milk) and top it with the whipped coffee. You can use all the coffee or a smaller portion, if you don’t want your coffee too strong.
- Use whipped coffee within a hour of making.
*Nutrition info uses monk fruit sweetener and unsweetend almond milk.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 3.7
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2 net carbs
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0
Looking for more ways to boost your coffee? Try my coconut oil coffee or homemade coconut milk coffee creamer. This coffee jelly recipe is also great for coffee lovers!
Originally published on March 31st, 2020 and was updated with new images on October 18th, 2021.Links on this page may be affiliate links, for which the site earns a small commission, but the price for you is the same