This coconut flour pie crust is gluten and grain free! You can use this recipe in place of a traditional crust in most pies.
Tis the season for pie making!
My coconut flour pie crust is made with coconut flour, coconut oil, salt, honey (optional ingredient) and eggs and is free from other starches, dairy and refined sweeteners. If you or one of you’re loved ones need a gluten free option this holiday season, this is a wonderful recipe to try!
I’ve used it to make pumpkin pie, apple pie, quiche and chicken pot pie. It’s extremely versatile! What I love most about this crust is that you don’t have to roll it out and chill the dough. It’s the easies crust to make and the ingredients come together fast and the crust bakes up beautifully!
You can use butter or coconut oil in this recipe and if you’re using this crust for a savory dish you may leave out the honey.
Tips: If you’re cooking a pie for a long time I suggest covering the edges of the pie with foil or a pie crust cover to prevent burning.Print
Coconut Flour Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl beat butter, eggs, honey(if using) and salt together with a fork.
- Then add coconut flour. Stir until dough holds together.
- Gather the dough into a ball, then pat into a 9″ greased pie pan.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool.
If you’re using this crust for a savory dish leave out the honey.