A classic decadent dark chocolate pie made completely from scratch with all natural ingredients that are healthy, dairy-free and paleo-friendly.
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s made with healthier ingredients than the store bought chocolate pie.
I started with a crunchy crust made with shredded coconut, almond flour and coconut oil. Then I filled it with a rich and creamy mixture made of coconut cream, coconut oil, cacao powder, and maple syrup (or honey).
This chocolate pie is not only so good, it’s also packed with health benefits. Cacao powder is a nutritional powerhouse. It is loaded with a great amount of antioxidants. It’s also high in vitamins and minerals, including calcium, iron, and magnesium.
Dark Chocolate Pie (Paleo & Vegan)
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 8
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9-inch pan with extra coconut oil.
- To make the crust, place the almond flour, shredded coconut, coconut oil and maple syrup in a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to the greased pan and evenly press the dough onto bottom and up sides of the pan. Bake in the oven until golden and firm, for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely to room temperature.
- To make the filling, place all the ingredient in a medium saucepan and heat over medium low heat and stir until combined. Transfer the mixture into a blender and blend 2-3 minutes on high.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the fridge, slice and serve. Leftovers can be kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
It is best to make the pie crust in a food processor, to make sure that all the ingredients are well incorporated. Make sure you have the right-sized pan. Half a centimeter thick is the ideal thickness of the pie crust before baking.
Finding quick and easy keto recipes that fit with your lifestyle and schedule can be difficult. That’s why Jen Fisch, the blogger behind Keto in The City and a busy working mom, shares her favorite stress-free keto meals in The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook. With 130 recipes that require no more than 5-ingredients, including many one-pot or 30-minute recipes, this cookbook offers a simple solution to keeping the ketogenic diet easy.The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook includes:
- 130 Recipes for keto-friendly breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
- 5-Ingredient Recipes for stress-free cooking
- One Pot Meals for fast prep and clean-up
- Time Saving for ready-made meals in 30-minutes or less
- Ketogenic diet recipes include: BLT Breakfast Salad, Broccoli-Cheese Soup, Baked Zucchini Gratin, Garlic Butter Shrimp, Barbacoa Beef Roast, Berry Cheesecake Fat Bomb, and much more!