This vegan mango mousse is the perfect dessert for mango lovers! Made with just three ingredients and comes together in under 15 minutes.
Mangos are such a delicious tropical fruit and they add great flavor to dishes and desserts. I’ve been using mangos in my smoothies all summer and have made fresh mango puree to add to tropical drinks.
Mango mousse is a sweet and decadent dessert made with mango puree and is often topped with nuts and coconut shreds. I’ve been testing many recipes using mango purée. I used thickeners like gelatin and agar agar, egg whites, and heavy whipping cream to make mango mousse and found that the simplest ingredients made the best tasting vegan mango mouse.
How To Make Vegan Mango Mousse
This easy mango mousse recipe comes together with simple ingredients like a can of coconut cream, fresh mango puree, and powdered sugar.
Start by peeling the ripe mango and removing the meat from the seeds. Add the mango slices to a food processor or high speed blender and blend until the the mango is pureed. Set four tablespoons of the mango puree aside in a separate bowl.
Next, add the coconut cream and powdered sugar. Blend well and pour the fluffy mousse into serving dishes. Then, pour one tablespoon of mango fruit puree over each serving dish and spread over the top. Cover the dishes and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until the mousse is set. Top the vegan mango mousse with chopped nuts, white chocolate, or shredded coconut and serve.
- Can I use frozen mango to make this delicious dessert? Yes, frozen mango will work, but you need to defrost it before pureeing it in the food processor.
- Will heavy cream work in place of coconut cream? Yes, you can use heavy cream instead, but you will need to whip it up before folding it into the mango mixture. This recipe will no longer be vegan dessert if you use dairy products.
- What kind of toppings do you add to this vegan mango mousse? Chopped nuts, shredded coconut, fresh fruit, coconut whipped cream, fresh berries, and chopped mango are some of my favorite toppings for this dish.
Vegan Mango Mousse Recipe
This simple dessert is made with fresh mango, coconut milk cream, and powdered sugar. This no bake dessert is the perfect way to use up fresh mangos!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 large mangos (or 3 medium mangos)
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar**
- Optional: Chopped pistachios, nuts, shredded coconut for topping
- Remove the skins from the mangos and chop the mango up and remove the meat from the seed.
- Place the mango slices into a food processor and puree the mango.
- Remove four tablespoons of the pureed mango from the container and pour into a separate bowl. This reserved mango puree will top the vegan mango mousse.
- Add the coconut cream and powder sugar into the food processor and puree into the mango. The mixture will have an airy texture.
- Pour the mousse into four separate serving dishes. Top with reserved mango puree and spread evenly over the top.
- Cover the dishes with plastic wrap and refrigerate them for 2-4 hours or until set.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve cold.
*Coconut cream can be found in the canned isle of the grocery store. You may also use canned full-fat coconut milk. To make coconut cream from cans of coconut milk, you will need to refrigerate the canned milk overnight and remove the coconut cream from the top of the canned milk. Discard the water in the can.
**I tested this recipe with organic powdered sugar but you can use unrefined powdered sugar or keto powder sugar instead if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g