Everyone should use a face mask once a week to rejuvenate the skin. This homemade charcoal mask is gentle and will leave your skin incredibly soft.
Charcoal has become a “superfood” in cosmetics. The are peel masks, cleansing bars, hand soap and even shampoo made with it. While I don’t particularly use the face peels (they’re too harsh on the skin) I do believe that activated charcoal has some merit to it’s popularity. It has countless uses, but when it comes to natural skincare it’s a game changer. Whether you have oily skin, acne prone skin, or dry skin, charcoal can be used to balance your skin tone and reduce inflamed skin.
If you are using Pinterest, please feel free to use the following photo:
DIY Charcoal Face Mask – 4 Key Ingredients
Applying a cleansing mask to your skin once or twice a week can do wonders for your skin. Here are some reasons I love the ingredients in this recipe:
- Activated charcoal is well known for it’s cleansing abilities. It can draw out bacteria, chemicals, dirt and other micro-particles to the surface of skin, helping you to achieve a clean complexion.
- Bentonite clays have been used in traditional remedies to heal and rejuvenate skin. This type of clay is also antibacterial, making it the perfect opponent to break outs and acne.
- Aleo vera is used often is often recommend for buts, burns, rashes, you name it! It’s rich in vitamins, enzyme and antioxidants and is wonderful for inflamed and irritated skin.
- Green tea is rich in polyphenols, which have been shown to reduce inflammation, promote healing and may prevent UV light-induced skin disorders. It’s also rich in caffeine, which help to tighten the skin and reduce puffiness, leaving your skin youthful and radiant.
- Essential oils are optional in this recipe but I couldn’t help but mention them here. They’re 50 times more powerful than herbs, making them incredibly beneficial to skincare products. But be wise! You only need to add 1-2 drops to reap their benefits.
While there are hundreds of charcoal products on the market I choose to make my own. When it comes to my skincare, I like to make my own products as much as possible. There’s never a question as for whether what I’m putting on my skin is safe or not. Because I made it myself!
How To Use This Charcoal Mask
While using this mask, incorporate it on days that that you are relaxed or when you take a detox bath. Then prep your face by washing it with a gentle cleanser (like this Aloe Herb Cleanser). Preparing the mask only takes a few minutes and it’s easy to apply it with fingers or a facial brush. Avoid applying it near your eyes.Print
DIY Charcoal Mask For Radiant Skin (Only 4 Ingredients)
- Mix the activated charcoal and bentonite clay together in a small bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of aloe vera to the powders and mix well.
- Slowly add the green tea to mixture, just enough to make a wet paste (I used about 1 tablespoon).
- Mix in 1-2 drops of essential oils, if using.
- Apply the mask to your face, be careful to avoid the eyes as they can be irritated by the face mask.
- Leave the mask on your skin for 3-8 minutes or until it begins to dry.
- Wash your face with warm water and a gentle cleanser.
Last Updated on