I’ve been making coconut butter in our home for several years. I love to use it to make fun desserts, frosting and spreads.
Today I’m sharing a recipe for chocolate coconut butter made with coconut butter, coconut oil, coconut cream, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt. My kids and I like to eat this off the spoon but you can also melt it and use it as a glaze over baked goods and fruit.Print
Chocolate Coconut Butter
- Yield: 1 pint 1x
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut cream. Coconut cream is the cream on top of canned coconut milk. Place the coconut milk in the refrigerator for several hours before opening. The coconut cream can be scooped off the top easily when the coconut milk is cold.
- 1/4 –1/2 cup honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Gently heat coconut butter and coconut oil over low heat in a small sauce pan.
- Once the coconut butter and oil is melted take off heat and allow to cool.
- Mix melted coconut butter and oil with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into storage container and store in the refrigerator.
- The chocolate coconut butter will have a similar consistency of most nut butters.