If you love fried chicken you’ll enjoy these paleo coconut chicken tenders!
Fried chicken fingers are one of my all time favorite fast food dinners! I especially enjoy spicy chicken fingers with a good blue cheese dip.
Coconut chicken tenders can be made easily at home with real food ingredients.
Coconut chicken tenders ingredients and substitutions
I tested my coconut chicken tenders recipe with these ingredients:
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, sliced lengthwise into strips
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten. Egg whites are used for a crispier chicken finger, but whole eggs will also work fine in this recipe too.
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Coconut Oil for frying. (The amount of oil you use will depend on the size of the skillet you use.)
If you’re trying to cut eggs, you could alternatively use aquafaba or try JustEgg, which generally scrambles and bakes like an egg.
How to make coconut chicken tenders
This recipe is easy and fast. Start, of course, by gathering your ingredients.
- Melt 2-3 inches of coconut oil in skillet over medium heat, approximately 375 degrees.
- While that’s happening, mix coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl.
- Pour shredded coconut into a small bowl and set aside.
- Next you’re going to dip the chicken strips into the flour mixture. Make sure they’re well coated with the coconut flour and arrowroot flour mix.
- Then dip the chicken strips into the egg whites. (Or eggs or egg alternatives.)
- Next, dip the chicken strips into the shredded coconut and place them on a clean plate.
- Once all the chicken is coated you’re ready to fry them up!
- Test your first chicken strip in heated coconut oil. The chicken should turn golden brown and be completely done in 4-6 minutes.
- If the chicken fries up too quickly, adjust heat and test another piece.
- Make sure you turn chicken fingers half way through cooking.
- Serve hot with a side homemade dipping sauce. Enjoy!