This 4-ingredient Coconut Flour Pizza Crust is thin and sturdy and tastes delicious. You can whip together the pizza dough in minutes. This crust uses coconut flour fathead dough so it’s keto-friendly and gluten-free.
This coconut flour pizza crust uses a fathead dough as the base. If you’ve never tried fathead dough it’s amazing for creating baked items that taste just like the real thing. The melted mozzarella cheese stretches and works just like gluten.
This pizza crust holds up really well and only requires 1 egg! It’s a thin crust with a cheesy flavor. This crust doesn’t get soggy or fall apart. This recipe creates a personal serving size but if you want a larger pizza just make a larger batch and spread the dough out on a large pizza stone with parchment paper.
Since this coconut flour crust is made with fathead dough it’s naturally keto-friendly and nut-free.
Fathead dough is extremely easy to make. You simply melt the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese together.
Then mix it with the egg and coconut flour. After kneading the dough to combine, spread it out over a pizza pan and bake until golden.
Coconut Flour Pizza Crust FAQ
How can I make this recipe dairy-free?
You cannot make this recipe dairy-free. The cheese acts like gluten. You can use this vegan coconut flour pizza recipe instead.
Can I substitute almond flour for coconut flour?
Yes, you can substitute almond flour for coconut flour in this recipe. Most people use about ¾ cups of almond flour when using fathead dough.
Help! I can’t eat eggs. How do I make this egg-free?
I have never tested an egg-free version of this recipe. You can try replacing the eggs with a “chia egg” or whatever you usually use in place of eggs. Please try my vegan coconut flour pizza recipe instead of using this fathead recipe.
How to make an egg substitute:
1 tbsp of chia seeds + 2.5 tbsp of water = 1 large egg.
How to store leftover?
Store leftover coconut flour pizza crust in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 5 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months.
Can I make fathead pizza dough ahead of time?
Yes, you can make fathead pizza dough ahead of time and bake the crust and then top it with pizza toppings later. You can also freeze the baked pizza crusts with or without pizza toppings and bake them later.
Coconut Flour Pizza Crust (Fathead Dough)
This 4-ingredient Coconut Flour Pizza Crust is thin and sturdy and tastes delicious. You can whip together the pizza dough in minutes. This pizza crust uses coconut flour fathead dough so it’s keto-friendly and gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes + 10 minutes with toppings
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 personal size pizza 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a small pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Make the dough by adding the cheese and cream cheese to a microwave-safe bowl and set aside.
- Next, add an egg and coconut flour to a large mixing bowl. Combine together.
- Melt the cheese and cream cheese for 90 seconds in the microwave and stir to combine.
- Add the melted cheese mixture to the flour mixture and using a spatula or your hands, gently knead the dough together until everything is one color and is thoroughly combined.
- Using your hands spread the dough over the parchment lined pizza pan. This pizza makes a thin crust pizza.
- Using a fork, poke holes into the crust.
- Bake the crust for 9 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. The pizza crust will puff up as it is baking.
- Top the baked pizza crust with your favorite pizza toppings: tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, etc. Bake for 10 minutes or until the toppings and cheese is cooked.
Below is the nutritional info for the whole pizza. This small pizza will cut into 8 slices. Each slice has 142 calories, 3.2g net carbs, and 7g of protein.
- Serving Size: 1 whole pizza crust
- Calories: 1138
- Fat: 74.4g
- Carbohydrates: 25.5g Net Carbs (whole pizza)
- Fiber: 30.8g
- Protein: 57.9g