Coconut Chicken is an easy weeknight 4-ingredient meal that is cooked in less than 30 minutes. Chicken breasts are covered in shredded coconut and pan-fried until golden and then baked for a delicious dinner. This recipe is keto, Paleo, gluten-free, and Whole30-friendly.
This coconut chicken is such a nice treat for dinner. It’s easy to make and can be whipped up quickly for the perfect weeknight dinner.
You can also use this recipe to make chicken tenders and chicken nuggets instead of whole chicken breasts.
I enjoyed eating this chicken with a side of veggies and also eating leftover chicken cut up over a large salad. This recipe is perfect for batch cooking for easy meals during the week. You can also serve this coconut chicken with tropical fruit salsa or dip, like a mango/pineapple salsa, to bring out the flavor of the coconut.
This recipe is very family-friendly, and even children will love this battered chicken recipe. The flavors are mild and allow the taste of the shredded coconut to pop. You could always add more spice to the coconut flour to make it taste spicy.
To make this coconut chicken, you take the chicken breasts and dredge them in the coconut flour mixture until it is all coated.
Then dip it into the eggs.
Then cover it in shredded coconut.
Next, you pan fry the chicken breasts for just a few minutes on each side until golden, and then you finish cooking the chicken in the oven.
Coconut Chicken FAQ
How can I make this recipe egg-free?
I didn’t test an egg-free version. You could try dipping the chicken into coconut milk after the coconut flour.
Can I use finely shredded coconut instead of shredded coconut?
Yes, you can use finely shredded coconut instead of shredded coconut. I prefer the longer shredded coconut, and it creates a nice texture. If you only have finely shredded coconut, you can use that instead, and it will still taste great!
How do I store these?
This Coconut Chicken will last about four days stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator. You can also keep them stored in your freezer for up to 3 months.Print
Coconut Chicken Recipe (Keto + Paleo)
Coconut Chicken is an easy weeknight meal that is cooked in less than 30 minutes. This recipe is keto, paleo, and Whole30-friendly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place a baking rack over a baking sheet, take some coconut oil and rub it over the baking rack to prevent sticking, and set aside. You can line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easier cleaning up.
- Add the coconut flour to a bowl. Then add the salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Set this aside.
- Add 2 eggs to a new bowl, and stir to combine. Set this aside.
- Add the shredded coconut to another new bowl and set it aside.
- Line up the bowls, coconut flour mixture, eggs, then the shredded coconut. Place a clean plate nearby to place the chicken on once it is done being coated.
- Next, take the chicken breasts and dip them into the coconut flour, making sure to coat it all.
- Then dip the chicken into the eggs and make sure to cover it all in eggs.
- Finally, dip the chicken into the shredded coconut and press the coconut flakes into the chicken to help it adhere better. Set the chicken breasts on a plate. Do this with each chicken breast.
- Place coconut oil in the skillet and heat on medium heat. Pan-fry the chicken breasts on each side until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side. Then set the chicken on an oiled baking rack over a baking sheet. Do this for each chicken breast.
- Place the baking sheet with chicken in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes, until the juices of the chicken breast are clear and not pink. Serve the chicken warm.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 468
- Fat: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g (4g Net Carbs)
- Fiber: 7.4g
- Protein: 31.2g