This pumpkin mug cake is filled with pumpkin spice flavors and is made with gluten-free coconut flour. This recipe is paleo, keto, low-carb, and dairy-free.
Mug cakes are one of my favorite treats! They’re perfect for when you have a sweet tooth and want to make a quick (and small) dessert for one.
This pumpkin mug cake is based on my simple keto mug cake recipe, but with the addition of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices. It’s perfect alone or topped with a dollop of whipped cream or coconut whipped cream.
How To Make Pumpkin Mug Cake
You’ll need an egg, coconut oil, coconut flour, coconut sugar (or sugar substitute), baking powder, sea salt, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove powder for this recipe.
First, you will mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Then you’ll add in the coconut oil, egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Mix the ingredients well and pour the batter into a 10-12 ounce microwave-safe mug.
Next, you’re going to microwave the pumpkin mug cake on high for two minutes. Allow the mug cake to cool before topping it with whipped cream (or coconut whipped cream).
Is this recipe keto-friendly? Absolutely! I actually used monk fruit sweetener, and it turned out great.
Can I make this in the oven? Instead of a mug, pour the batter into a 12-ounce ramekin or two 6 ounce ramekin bowls. Bake at 350 degrees F for twelve to fifteen minutes.
I can’t have eggs. So how do I make this without them? I haven’t personally tested this recipe without eggs. If you’d like to try an egg substitute like a flax egg, you can try it.
Shop Ingredients for pumpkin mug cake:
Links in the post are Amazon affiliate links to products I use and love.
More Mug Cake Recipes:Print
Pumpkin Mug Cake Recipe (Keto + Paleo)
This pumpkin mug cake is filled with pumpkin spice flavors and made with gluten-free coconut flour. This recipe is paleo, keto, low-carb, and dairy-free.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 mug cake 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of clove powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients together until combined.
- Mix in the melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla.
- Mix well and pour into greased 10 to 12 ounce mug.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Then check on the mug cake and continue baking in 30-second intervals until baked. Mine took 2 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
I used golden monk fruit to sweeten this mug cake. The nutritional data below reflects using this sweetener.
*Erythritol, the sugar alcohol in Swerve and Lakanto, is zero calories and has no effect on blood sugar, so you can subtract 100% of carbs coming from erythritol. Learn more about counting net carbs here.
- Serving Size: 1 mug cake
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 33.7g (5g net carbs) *
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 8g