This baked keto salmon recipe is seasoned with southwest spices. This recipe is low-carb and comes together in under 20 minutes!
Baked salmon is one of my favorite easy dinners to make on weeknights. It comes together quickly and is a great high-protein meal that can be served with salad or veggies. The sheet pan meal uses just six ingredients, bakes in under 20 minutes, and is an easy keto salmon recipe to add to your menu!
How To Make Mexican Spiced Keto Salmon
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Next, wash the salmon fillets and pat them dry. Place the fillets into a large mixing bowl and drizzle with melted coconut oil.
In a separate small bowl, combine the spices and mix well. Sprinkle the seasoning over the fillets and coat them well. Place the fillets on the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
What to serve with this Keto Salmon
I like to serve this salmon with salad, roasted broccoli, asparagus, or cauliflower rice. Another great way to serve it is to top it with sour cream, guacamole, avocado salsa, cilantro, and coleslaw for an easy keto diet meal. If I make a salmon salad with it, I will squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top of the salmon.
Keto Salmon FAQ
- How do I store leftover salmon? Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for five days.
- How many carbs are in each serving? Each salmon fillet contains approximately 1g net carbs per serving.
- Can you freeze leftover salmon? Yes, this salmon freezes well. I freeze individual fillets in freezer-safe containers.
- What type of salmon do you use for this recipe? I buy almost all my fish and meat from ButcherBox. Their salmon is all fresh wild salmon, and is sustainably sourced.
Keto Salmon Recipe
This keto-friendly salmon recipe is seasoned with Mexican spices and is baked in the oven. This easy baked salmon is great for anyone on a low carb diet.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 Fillets of salmon
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash the salmon fillets and pat dry.
- Place the fillets into a large mixing bowl, and drizzle with the coconut or olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine the seasonings.
- Sprinkle the seasonings mixture over the fillets to coat well.
- Add the fillets to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 Fillet
- Calories: 216
- Fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 1g net carbs
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 24.5g