This 90 second keto bread comes together quickly with just a few keto-friendly ingredients! All you need is almond flour, cheese, coconut oil, an egg, and seasonings, and you can enjoy this bread in minutes!
I don’t eat a lot of bread, but I like to have low-carb bread for toast, sandwiches, or burgers every once in a while. So I make two quickbreads regularly: my 10-minute coconut flour keto bread and my easy 90 second keto bread. The first recipe is baked in a toaster oven and is made with coconut flour, and my 90 second keto bread is made with almond flour and uses a microwave to make bread quickly. Both recipes are keto diet friendly and use paleo friendly ingredients.
90 Second Keto Bread Recipe
To make this low carb bread you will need almond flour, melted butter or coconut oil, shredded cheese, one egg, baking powder and herbs.
Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Grease a microwave-safe dish and pour the batter into a microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave for 90 seconds. Then, let the bread sit for 1-2 minutes. Turn the bread out onto a cutting board and allow it to cool. Slice the bread in half to make two separate slices.
Keto 90 Second Bread FAQ
- Can this bread be made in a microwave safe mug? Yes! The shape will be mug-shaped, but this recipe makes a great keto mug bread.
- Can coconut flour be used instead of almond flour? I tested this recipe with almond flour and coconut flour, and the almond flour had the best texture and flavor. If you’d like to use coconut flour, you can use two tbsp coconut flour instead of the 3 tbsp of almond flour. The bread will be a more eggy texture with coconut flour than with almond flour.
90 Second Keto Bread
This 90 second keto bread is gluten-free and is perfect for making keto toast and keto grilled cheese sandwich!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 seconds
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into a well greased microwave safe container that is in the shape you would like your bread slices to be (I like to use a ramekin).
- Microwave for 90 seconds, and let sit in the microwave for 1-2 minutes once done.
- Turn the bread out onto a surface, and allow it to cool.
- Slice the bread in half to create two separate slices, and use as needed.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 400 calories
- Fat: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7g (3.3g net carbs)
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 16.8g