Today starts week nine of my 10 week series on using the everyday essential oils by Young Living. I’ve learned so much about these beautiful oils and I want to share what I’ve learned with you. This week I asked the members of my facebook group which oil they would like to learn more about and they picked Lemon Essential Oil!
About Lemon Essential Oil
If you are looking for an invigorating and refreshing essential oil, then lemon is what you need!
Lemon essential oil is derived from the rind of lemons. It takes 3,000 lemons to produce 1 kilo of this amazing, refreshing oil. Lemon oil works primarily with the digestive, immune and respiratory systems, is a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system and promotes the overall healthy function of the body.
How To Use Lemon Essential Oil
- Diffuse a few drops of lemon essential oil to reduce bacteria, fungus, mold, and unpleasant odors in the air.
- Make your own non-toxic all purpose cleaner with lemon essential oil (click here for the recipe)
- Add 10–15 drops of lemon essential oil to a gallon of natural carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains, brighten carpet and rugs, and leave a fresh smell in the room.
- Add 10-15 drops to water and use as a stain remover for laundry.
- Use 1–2 drops to remove gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces. Best natural Goo-Gone!
- Place a few drops of lemon essential oil on a cotton ball and put in the refrigerator, or garbage can to help eliminate odors.
- Add lemon essential oil to baking soda and water and use as an all natural soft scrub.
- For a natural furniture polish, add several drops to a half cup of olive oil or beeswax.
- Soak dish clothes in a bowl of water with 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil overnight to kill germs.
- Add to water or a smoothie for a refreshing pick-me-up. (SO tasty and uplifting!)
- To clean, increase the shelf life and prevent mold on fresh fruits and vegetables, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil. Place produce in water, stir around so all surfaces come in contact with the lemon
How Do I Get My Hands On This Awesome Oil?
Lemon is one of the 10 Everyday Essential Oils that comes with the premium starter kit! The premium starter kit comes with the top used essential oils from Young Living. The kit includes:
- 10 – 5 mL bottles of essential oils including: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, Peace & Calming, Thieves, Purification, Valor and Joy.
- A home diffuser (retail value alone on this one is $96)
- 5 mL bottle of Stress Away (this is by far my absolute favorite — I wear it like perfume!)
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends)
- Two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (this is a great supplement for energy)
Lemon Essential Oil Giveaway
Enter for a chance to win a 5ml bottle of Young Living Lavender Essential Oil!
Follow the instruction on the widget below to enter this giveaway. This giveaway is only available to U.S. readers. No purchase necessary to win. Good luck!
Finding quick and easy keto recipes that fit with your lifestyle and schedule can be difficult. That’s why Jen Fisch, the blogger behind Keto in The City and a busy working mom, shares her favorite stress-free keto meals in The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook. With 130 recipes that require no more than 5-ingredients, including many one-pot or 30-minute recipes, this cookbook offers a simple solution to keeping the ketogenic diet easy.The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook includes:
- 130 Recipes for keto-friendly breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks
- 5-Ingredient Recipes for stress-free cooking
- One Pot Meals for fast prep and clean-up
- Time Saving for ready-made meals in 30-minutes or less
- Ketogenic diet recipes include: BLT Breakfast Salad, Broccoli-Cheese Soup, Baked Zucchini Gratin, Garlic Butter Shrimp, Barbacoa Beef Roast, Berry Cheesecake Fat Bomb, and much more!