This dairy free vegan ranch dressing is the perfect replacement for ranch salad dressing or dip.
My homemade ranch dressing is creamy, delicious and kid approved. What surprised me most about this recipe is the flavor. It taste like real ranch dressing and there is NO coconut flavor!
Because there are no preservatives in this recipe, it only lasts 4-5 days in the refrigerator. I suggest making it fresh before serving.
Dairy Free Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe
To get started you’re going to need mayonnaise, coconut yogurt, red wine vinegar, parsley, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
I’ve made this recipe with both coconut cream and coconut yogurt. The coconut yogurt is by far the best cream to use in this recipe. It gives the dressing a soft tangy flavor that’s not overpowering. The coconut cream is a good substitute if you don’t have plain coconut yogurt on hand though. I prefer red wine vinegar in this recipe but apple cider vinegar can be used as well.
I also used homemade mayo but you can also use store bought vegan mayo. I’ve used the soy free vegenaise in the past in this recipe with success.
This is a simple and straightforward recipe – just combine everything and whisk until smooth. That’s it!
Vegan Ranch Dressing Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 1/4 Cup 1x
- 1 Cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Yogurt or Coconut Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Chives
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Whisk the mayonnaise, coconut yogurt and vinegar together in a small bowl. Add spices and stir until completely combined.