Creamy Coconut Oatmeal
- 1 cup organic rolled oats – where to buy oats
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons whey, yogurt, kefir, lemon juice, or vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt – where to buy salt
- 2-4 tablespoons palm sugar or raw honey – where to buy natural sweeteners
- 1 cup whole coconut milk
- shredded coconut, toasted (optional) – where to buy coconut products
Mix warm water and whey (or other choices) with rolled oats. Cover bowl with towel and soak 8 – 24 hours. (note: soaking oats in whey or vinegar helps to break down phytic acid in the oats. Read more about phytic acid here.)
Drain soaked oats. Bring coconut milk and salt to boil. Add oats and cook 3-5 minutes. Add sweetener (if desired) and top with toasted shredded coconut.
Serve and enjoy!