Creamy Coconut Oatmeal
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons whey, yogurt, kefir, lemon juice, or vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt –
- 2–4 tablespoons palm sugar or raw honey
- 1 cup whole coconut milk
- shredded coconut, toasted (optional)
- Mix warm water and whey (or other choices) with rolled oats. Cover bowl with towel and soak 8 – 24 hours. (Note: soaking oats in whey or vinegar helps to break down phytic acid in the oats).
- Drain soaked oats. Bring coconut milk and salt to boil. Add oats and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add sweetener (if desired) and top with toasted shredded coconut.