Strawberry Lemonade Gummies

Strawberry Lemonade Gummies

Please welcome this guest post from Sylvie of Hollywood Homestead! Please head over to Hollywood Homestead and check out Sylvies’s delicious recipes and don’t forget to follow Hollywood Homestead on facebook!

My kids go crazy for gummies, even these lemon ones which are not even really sweet!  And I can sit back and watch them eat it with a smile knowing they’re filling up with grass fed gelatin which is great for their little guts and growing bodies.  My daughter is gluten intolerant which may be associated with a leaky gut.  Gelatin is a great superfood for healing the gut lining!  On to the fun part…

Strawberry Lemonade GummiesStrawberry Lemonade Gummies

Directions:

1. Pour strawberry mixture, lemon juice and honey into a pan on low/medium heat.
  2. Mix well until warm (not hot as it will kill the awesome probiotic properties of the raw honey!).
  3. Add gelatin and mix well until dissolved.
  4. Pour contents of pan into a cup with a spout (like a measuring cup).
  5. Pour mixture into candy molds.
  6. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
  7. Enjoy!

What is your favorite gummy flavor?

About Hollywood Homestead

Sylvie is a celebrity personal assistant and mom of 3 by day, paleo enthusiast and blogger by night. She and SAHD hubby, Eric, each lost over 60 lbs with paleo and continue to improve their family’s health with food and lifestyle tweaks. Sign up for her newsletter at www.hollywoodhomestead.com and follow her on Facebook and Twitter.

Interested in learning more about essential oils? Check out my FREE 14 day e-course!

Free Essential Oils E-Course

• Chelsea Randolph August 26, 2013, 12:15 am

Can this recipe be done without molds? Can I pour it in a pan then cut squares?

• smallfootprintmama August 26, 2013, 10:13 am

Yes you can!

• Carolyn August 26, 2013, 3:21 pm

Are these chewy like “real” fruit gummies or are they like jello in consistency?

• Stacy September 2, 2013, 10:55 pm

This may sound dumb, but is that 1 cup of strawberries… puréed or 1 cup of puréed strawberries?

• Antoinette September 13, 2013, 3:53 pm

I am not sure how to make this without there being clumps of gelatin! :) Help! any tips?

• thelifespark December 5, 2013, 11:12 pm

I used an immersion blender to get it smooth. A whisk just wasn’t doing the job.

• sweetness November 5, 2013, 2:19 pm

I’ve always found that gelatin mixes better (no clumps) when the liquid is cold. Perhaps pureed the gelatin with the strawberries, then heat?

• Jamila April 2, 2014, 1:16 pm

I don’t have gelatin powder, all i have is the gelatin that comes with my bone broth. Can I use that?

• Ima May 1, 2014, 9:12 am

Made 50 of these yesterday… Aaaaaaand, now they’re gone :-) whole family inhaled them after dinner lol! I really love the addition of heavy lemon. We didn’t have a whole cup of strawberries but I had about a half and a handful of blueberries. I threw those in the vitamin and added a little applesauce to help equal a cup in measurement. So so yummy!

• Dagny Hartmann June 3, 2014, 12:50 pm

I made these earlier and I think that 9 tbsp of gelatin is too much. Even after putting the mixture into the food processor it was really clumpy. The flavor is really muted too, I can’t get my toddler to even try them. I won’t make these again.

• Kathleen July 19, 2014, 2:29 pm

Can’t wait to try these! I’m happy to have found a recipe that calls for pureed fruit, instead of fruit juice. I don’t buy juice and was hoping to make gummy snacks by pureeing something in my Vitamix. Thanks!