If you’re deficient in magnesium you may want to add some of these foods into your diet!
Are you magnesium deficient?
Did you know that magnesium deficiency is a very common ailment amongst Americans? The World Health Organization estimates that 60% of Americans do not meet the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) of magnesium. Signs and symptoms of magnesium deficiency may include the following health conditions:
- Acid Reflux
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Panic Attacks
- Menstrual Cramps
- High Blood Pressure
- Morning Sickness
- Heart Attacks
- Kidney Stones
I’ve written about magnesium and why you need it in the past but…
I failed to mention foods that are rich in this important mineral!
To ensure you’re getting enough magnesium in your diet make sure to eat foods like pumpkin seeds, cooked spinach, bananas, quinoa, kidney beans and lentils. Below is a list of foods rich in magnesium. I think you all will like #1 the best
10 Foods High In Magnesium
- Dark Chocolate. 1 cup of dark chocolate will give you over 100% of your daily value of magnesium. This is an EASY way to ensure you’re getting a nice dose of magnesium daily! Try my homemade chocolate bars for healthy magnesium rich treat!
- Leafy Greens like spinach, cooked. 1 cup of cooked spinach will give you 39% of your daily value of magnesium. Cooked spinach is a delicious side dish to any meal. Try this recipe for buttered spinach.
- Pumpkin Seeds. 1 ounce of pumpkin seeds will give you 37% of your daily value of magnesium. Try snacking on sprouted pumpkin seeds or make these sprouted pumpkin seed turtles by Mama Natural.
- Fish (Mackerel). One 3-ounce serving of mackerel will provide you with 21% of your daily value of magnesium. This Beetroot, blood orange and carrot salad with peppered mackerel recipe sounds lovely!
- Beans and Lentils. 1 cup of white beans will give you 28% of your daily value of magnesium. This White Bean Chicken Chili is one of my family’s favorite meals.
- Whole Grains like quinoa, brown rice and millet. A 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa will provide you 30% of your daily value of magnesium. Try my sprouted quinoa pancakes or my sprouted gluten free bread.
- Globe Artichokes. 1 large globe artichoke will give you 24% of your daily value of magnesium. I love steamed artichokes with garlic aioli. Try out this recipe!
- Avocado. 1 medium avocado will provide you with 15% of your daily value of magnesium. Homemade coconut oil tortilla chips and guacamole make an excellent snack!
- Dates. 1 cup of dates provide 15% of your daily value of magnesium.
- Molasses. One tablespoon of molasses provides you with 12% of your daily value of magnesium. When I need extra help getting to sleep I make this Sleepytime Milk ‘Tea’ made with molasses.
- Natural Calm (Bonus). Though not a food, [easyazon_link asin=”B00BPUY3W0″ locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”thecocmam-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]natural calm [/easyazon_link] is one of my go-to supplements that really help me get more magnesium into my diet. 2 teaspoons gives you 81% of your daily value of magnesium. Natural calm can be added to smoothies or taken with water. I absolutely LOVE these Magnesium Gummies. These little “chill pills” are a natural sleep aid and are made with Natural Calm.
Disclaimer: Magnesium is only a recommendation and should be discussed with your medical practitioner before implementing any supplements.
- World Health Organization
- Magnesium: Why You Need It and 5 Ways To Get More Of It
- Health·Alicious·Ness .com
- [easyazon_link asin=”034549458X” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”thecocmam-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]The Magnesium Miracle[/easyazon_link]
Wicked Good Ketogenic Cookbook
This book is jam packed with 156 delicious fat-shredding recipes that will help you burn fat like crazy. Even stubborn belly and thigh fat won't stand a chance because your body will have NO CHOICE but to burn that fat for fuel!This book includes:
- A step-by-step Introduction to the Keto Diet
- Tips on controlling your food costs while you “upgrade” to the ketogenic diet.
- Over 156 recipes including easy breakfasts and snacks
- A simple 4-week meal plan! It can be hard to adopt a new way of eating, but this simple 4-week meal plan makes it easy to shop and plan your meals. With this plan, you’ll be eating and loving the Keto Diet in no time!