Homemade banana milk is easy to make and only requires two simple ingredients! This homemade version is versatile and can be made with regular milk or plant-based milk like almond milk, soy milk or oat milk. This recipe is inspired by the popular Korean banana milk.
When I was a kid I would drink banana milk that was made with a powder mix and milk. It was so tasty but it wasn’t made with real bananas and had way too much sugar. So these days I make banana milk with fresh banana and it’s just as good but a little healthier. You can make it with just bananas and milk or add other ingredients like maple syrup, pure vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon to make it even tastier!
How To Make Banana Milk
To make banana milk at home all you need is fresh or frozen banana, milk of choice, and a high-powered blender You can add a touch of sweetness by adding stevia, dates or honey to this drink, but overripe bananas will sweeten this milk perfectly!
Start by blending the banana, milk and optional additions. Blend until the banana are pureed into the milk. Pour the banana-flavored milk into a glass and drink immediately.
This popular drink is well known is South Korea and it’s a great way to use up fresh bananas!
- Add natural sweetness: Add a tablespoon of maple syrup, honey or even sugar to sweeten this delicious drink. Note: this drink is sweet alone, and doesn’t require added sugar.
- Chocolate Flavored: Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to make a chocolate banana milk.
- Strawberry Flavored: Add 1/4 cup of frozen strawberries to make strawberry-banana milk.
Can I use any type of milk for the recipes?
Yes, you can use any type of milk that suits your dietary preferences or restrictions. Whether it’s cow’s milk, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, or any other milk alternative, the recipes can be adapted accordingly.
Do the bananas need to be ripe for this recipe?
For the best flavor and sweetness, it’s recommended to use ripe bananas. Ripe bananas are softer, sweeter, and easier to blend, which will result in a smoother and tastier Banana Milk.
Can I add other ingredients to the Banana Milk?
Certainly! While the basic recipe includes just bananas and milk, you can get creative and add other ingredients such as honey, cocoa powder, peanut butter, cinnamon, chia seeds, or vanilla extract to enhance the flavor and nutrition.
Can I store for later consumption?
It’s best enjoyed fresh. The bananas will begin to oxidize and will turn brown after a few hours of making.
Korean Banana Milk Recipe (With Dairy Free Options)
This easy banana milk recipe is made with natural ingredients and is vegan friendly!
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Korean
- 1 large banana, ripe (add more banana for a thicker consistency)
- 1 1/2 cups of cold milk – whole milk, coconut milk, oat milk, or your favorite milk of choice
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1-2 dates or 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey
- Blend the ingredients together in a blender. Blend on high until completely blended. Pour into a serving glass and enjoy immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 cup